thirty-six

They were going to take down Homelander and Black Noir

             They were going to take down Homelander and Black Noir. So they were back in New York and they were reuniting with the rest of the boys. They entered the loft where Annie, MM, Frenchie, Kimiko, and...Maeve were.

              "Maeve!" Jane said excitedly before quickly running over and hugging her tightly. This was the first time she'd seen Maeve in a year.

                Maeve smiled and wrapped her arms around her, "Who knew someone would actually be happy to see me?"

                 Jane pulled away with a smile and Maeve analyzed her, noticing the bruises, "Looks like he did a number on you."

                "Well, you don't look so good yourself," Jane noticed the disarray about her.

                 "Broke out of a transport van," Maeve explained.

               "Of course you did," Jane said knowingly.

                While Jane greeted Maeve, Ben analyzed MM, "We good?"

                "Yeah," MM said and they shook hands. "We're good."

              If Jane believed the man, he'd believe him, too. Plus, he wanted to put it behind him.

               _____

             They were now discussing how to take down Homelander. She leaned against a desk with Maeve and Ben on either side of her.

             "Look, Ben and I can blast him and probably burn him to a crisp," Jane said. "We just need someone to hold him down."

              "I'll fucking do that," Maeve said.

                "But can either of you control the blast? Wouldn't it just take down the whole tower?" Annie said with concern.

              "So a couple thousand people die, who the fuck cares?" Butcher said. "This is fucking Homelander."

               "Innocent people work there," Hughie said.

               "Yeah," Frenchie said. "Becca worked there."

                "You shut your fucking cake hole, Frenchie," Butcher said in anger.

                 "I can control it," Jane admitted. She could control Ben's blast and shield it. "Ben can blast him and I can shield it; problem solved."

          Ben looked at her and his hand entwined with hers. She smiled slightly as she she looked up at him for a moment. I love you seemed to breathe and burn with everything they did.

"Well, then, it looks we have a fucking date tomorrow, boys," Butcher smirked.

______