twenty-seven

Jane was in a hotel room with Ben. She was trimming his beard (she'd already trimmed his hair). He was quite a bit taller than she was and it made her difficult for her to do anything. So he grabbed her by her waist and set her on the bathroom counter. He placed his hands on either side of her as he leaned down a bit to make it easier.

               He was very, very close which she knew he did intentionally but he didn't try anything. He only enjoyed the moment and he could breathe in the scent of her: roses.

               Although, that moment didn't last forever before he flirted.

               "You know, I've been around a long time and I've never seen anyone as pretty as you," he smirked.

                She stared into his dark hunter green eyes in amusement. He really just couldn't stop trying, could he? In a way, she liked it; actually, she enjoyed it. But it could never go anywhere.

             She sighed sadly as she focused back on trimming his beard, "You can't flirt with me."

           "You keep saying that but why not?" he questioned.

          "My ex won't like it."

          "Why does your ex matter?"

            "Let's just say he's...possessive," she said carefully.

              "Did he give you that bruise?" he questioned.

               She was silent.

          "I'll tell him to fuck off, Jane. He won't touch you again."

            She smiled, "My ex is probably the only person on the planet that could hurt you. I don't want him to hurt you, Ben."

             "I'm a big boy. I can make my own decisions," he caressed her cheek gently which made her chest light up and he smirked slightly at the effect he had on her. "You're worth it, angel."

                  She shook her head before she ran her fingers gently over his finished and trimmed beard. Her touch was his weakness and he couldn't control the light that erupted from his chest as he cursed, "Jesus, fuck." 

               Now they were both glowing with light (although hers was red) and she chuckled. She brought her lips close to his ear as she whispered, "Did you think I'd let you get away with that?"

               His soft and gentle touch on her cheek had made her lose control. But she wouldn't be the only one. She'd always remind him that he could be just as affected to not let his ego get too out of check.

               "I don't think you'll let me get away with anything," he blew out a breath in frustration.

              She smiled before she pressed her lips to his cheek in a chaste kiss and he burned brighter, "I'm not an angel, you know."

              "I disagree," he said softly.

                   She stared at his beautiful eyes for a moment before she pushed him away slightly to make him back up and she jumped down from the counter. She looked at him nervously.

                "Do you like it?" she referred to his beard. "I can trim it shorter if you want."

                He only glanced in the mirror before looking at her with a smirk, "I only care if you like it, angel. Am I still handsome?"

               She huffed and stomped out of the bathroom, "Benjamin Buchanan! Stop flirting."

               He chuckled and followed her out of the bathroom.