five

EPISODE FIVE

"Ivy just controlled the plane and landed it in the water."

"It was so amazing. The plane literally hovered in the air for a few seconds."

"Ivy rocks. She's my favorite hero."

All the news talked about was the plane. She had woken up just hours later after John flew away with her. She woke up in the hospital and stitches in her side. She woke up to find John clutching her hand.

She smiled, "You stayed with me?"

He looked up with a smile as he saw her eyes open, "Why would I leave?"

"I don't know. I thought Stillwell might've called you away," she said quietly.

"You're more important. You always are," he said softly. "Don't you know that?"

Before she could respond, Sebastian rushed into her room and she pulled her hand away.

Now she was back at home and it had been a few days. Still, the news was filled with the survivors of the plane crash. She had a press conference about it and then the Believe Expo later.

She was picking out dresses to wear as she held them up to Seb, "Which one do you like better?"

"I think you look good in anything, princess," he answered with a smirk which made her blush slightly.

"Purple, it is," she set the purple one out and hung the other one back up as Seb approached her.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked as he caressed her cheek.

"Why wouldn't I be?" she asked shyly.

"You basically flew a plane with your mind, Jane. That took a lot out of you. I just want to make sure you don't push yourself."

"Because god forbid I actually strengthen my abilities," she huffed.

"That's not what I'm saying," he argued. "You've had nose bleeds for the past few days. I'm worried."

"I know," she sighed as she looked up at him apologetically. "I'm okay, Seb."

"You better be. Because I do not want another phone call saying you're in the hospital."

"I won't push myself and I'll be careful," she promised before thinking about his outing today to stop a crime. "But you have to promise the same. I don't want hear you're hurt either."

"I promise, princess," he said softly before he brought her in for a kiss that she wanted to live in forever. But forever was the sweetest con.

               _____

               Jane was at her press conference now with John.