Chapter 56 ~ Mum?

Start from the beginning

I sprinted to a bench and I was not fit for so much running, I sat on it and curled up small on the end, with my head buried in my legs while I sobbed my literal eyes out.

I felt 2 people sit next to me and I was breathing so heavily and the tears were so fast at this point.

"Ali baby... what's up sweetheart?" I heard a soft voice behind me.

"I hate everything!" I said loudly between sobs.

"Baby we're here it's okay..." I lifted my head up seeing Dada was crouched in front of me and Daddy was beside me. My face was absolutely soaked a bright red making their faces soften a lot. "What happened cub?" Dada asked me.

"They forgot me..." I sobbed again a bit and sniffled.

"Who forgot you baby?" Daddy asked my concerned, although he didn't touch me which I liked.

"My parents..." I spun round a bit and tears came down my cheek more. "They forgot me..."

"Was that women you were looking at... was she your.." Daddy asked. I nodded slowly after a few seconds and both their eyes were super shocked.

"We're here for you Ali.." Dada held his hand up to me and I took it instantly. They then both hugged me tightly and I snuggled right into them. I felt so much better being wrapped in their arms so I stayed for a bit and just let all my sobs out.

A few minutes later I sat up and rubbed my eyes sadly. Daddy kissed the tears that were coming down my cheek and that always made my feel better.

"Do you think she forgot me?" I stuttered.

"Of course not baby..." Dada said calmly.

I saw Daddy dart his head backwards so I looked where he was looking seeing her walking with the boy. I gasped and curled up small again and nuzzled into them both worriedly.

"Cub you don't have to do this if you don't want to..." I heard Daddy say quietly. I knew this might be the only chance I get to see her as another one might not come around so I should waste this opportunity.

I stood up slowly off the bench and saw she was coming closer and I was panicking a lot. She took a glimpse at me and I saw she was wearing sunglasses so she slowly took them off and was staring down at me.

"Aliana?" She looked to me very shocked. I shuddered at being called that as it had been more than 16 years since I had been called that. I nodded slowly at her.

She just came forward and hugged me so tightly which I returned. I felt a sense of relief inside me and it was a very unbelievable moment. I hadn't seen a glimpse of my mother in as I said 16 years and to be hugging her was so emotional.

I felt her pull away and I was already sobbing so hard from the emotion. She was sobbing literally more than me and I took a look at her face in disbelief that this was my mother I was looking at.

"I can't believe it's you Aliana..." She stated, pulling the hair out my face slowly.

"I can't believe it.." I spoke, despite being full of emotion.

"You're... you're so beautiful Li.." She looked at me fully and was admiring me. "So beautiful..." She pulled me into another hug and I returned it instantly.

"Are you okay?" I asked under her warm arms. "Like... what happened before?" She pulled away, wiping her eyes in the process and she took both of my hands.

"It's complicated Li... I'm just so happy to see you." She replied with a smile. I could properly look at her now and to be honest she looked a bit like me. Like... our hair was the same colour and our brows as well. "I'm so sorry Li... I really am so sorry for leaving you there..."

"Mum... it's okay.." I flinched at myself saying that as I hadn't said that word meaningful in 18 years. "I'm okay now."

"Don't worry Li... I'll get you out that place as soon as possible... I promise we will live in a better lifestyle." She was speaking quite quickly. "I'll get to the orphanage right now-."

"Mum... slow down its okay." I interrupted. "It's okay... I'm 20 now, I was adopted a while ago." I said with a smile.

"Adopted..." Her voice was a whisper. "Who by?" She desperately asked.

I spun round a bit behind me and I could see Daddy and Dada were standing a decent way away to give me some space. I looked to them and they saw me so they came over together. They approached us and I smiled up at them.

"Mum, this is Alex and Lloyd... they adopted me 2 years ago." I turned back to my mum with a smile. She looked at them very shocked and had a slight confused yet glaring face.

"You adopted her?" She asked quietly.

"Yes." They both said. She took both of my hands very firmly and slightly pulled me so I was behind her.

"I never gave permission for her to be adopted..." She said crossly.

"Under the court of law, parents who don't respond to adoption confirmation within 15 years means the adopters have rights." Daddy spoke up.

"Do you even know what you're doing? I mean... you can't be much older than 17..." She sneered.

"We're 23 actually..." Dada stepped in.

"You had no right to adopt my daughter... absolutely NO right.." She angrily spoke. "She's coming home with her mother..."

"She is going no where..." Daddy stepped closer to her with clenched fists. I could see Dada was trying to pull him back a bit.

"Since when can you stop me?" My mum added.

"We legally adopted her, you're not taking her anywhere..." Dada then stepped forward too. I wanted comfort so badly.

"Oh trust me I am..." My mum sneered. She then turned round to me and crouched down a bit. "Honey... I promise I'll be back okay... I'm gonna take them to court in a few days and I'll appeal against it and then we can be a family again.."

"But mum-." I stated.

"It's okay... I'll sort all this out... please don't worry about it okay?" She asked. "Alright I love you Li.." She laid a kiss on my forehead which I couldn't avoid and she then walked off suddenly. I watched her walk off and catch up with the young boy she was with a few minutes ago. I was close to tears knowing what she was going to do.

I then looked to Daddy and Dada and had tears forming in my eyes which made them soften their faces. I ran into their grip and hugged them both. Dada lifted me into his arms and I cried into his warm neck while Daddy hugged me from behind.

Hey guys,
Turn of fricken events jeez. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Leave suggestions for future chapters. Don't forget to vote. Have a great day! :D