Chapter 38 ~ Hiding

~ Ali's POV ~

I sat in my highchair as I ate up my lunch which was really good. I had pasta and a little bar of chocolate for a treat. I giggled as I ate it.

Daddy's phone then rang. So obviously he answered it.

"Hello?" Daddy said.

I watched him talk and he just said some confusing words like: 'the paper subsection c,' and 'for Mr Banks at 3:30 on page 257.' I turned my head in confusion as Daddy made eye contact with me. He smiled and then carried on speaking.

"Wa he talking bout Dada?" I held my hand up to him which he took. He didn't have time to say anything though because Daddy put the phone down with a smile.

"That was Leo, Lila's dad." He replies.

"Lila!!" I squealed. I had wanted to see her for ages.

"Him and I are doing some work together so he's coming to drop round a file for me." Daddy sat next to me.

"Can Lila come Daddy pleaaseee?" I made a pleading face in-between eating my food.

"Of course she can! He said she can't wait to see you." He smiled.

"YAY!" I threw my hands up and squealed in delight. "I have to get my toys weady!" I threw my hands towards Dada. He chuckled as he came over and lifted me out my chair, placing me on my feet.

I then sprung off to my bedroom, running up the stairs so fast. I burst into my bedroom and went to my best toy box. I got on my knees and turned it over allowing all the toys to fall out all over the floor in a mess. I giggled as I grabbed as many toys in my arms as possible.

I then stood up with some of the toys falling out my grip but I still had a fair amount. I walked out the door barely seeing which way I was going. I managed to see the stairs and remembered. Dada said never go down the stairs without looking where your going. Also hold the handy rail.

I thought hard about how I could get them all down.

I then had the idea of rolling them down. I giggled at the idea and got on my knees, making sure all the toys where in-front of me. I then pushed them and they rolled down the stairs. I laughed a lot as they tumbled down all the way to the bottom. I followed them down holding the railing and bent down to pick them all up again.

I carried them to the living room, with some falling out my grip making a trail. I sat down and started to position them. I put them in a nice order. I had my cars, my farm, my kitchen set lots of my stuffies and so many more. I then heard the doorbell ring making my head spin round just as Daddy came into the living room.

"Is dat Lila Daddy?" I asked standing up with Ra Ra in my grip.

"Shall we go and see?" He playfully asked crouching down.

"Yes Yes Yes!" I ran over to him and held his hand. We went to the door and Daddy opened it. I was right!

"Lila!" I squealed jumping up and down.

"Hewo Ali!!" She squealed running over to me and hugging me tight.

"Come and play!" I grabbed her free hand and we ran into the living room together. We both squealed with laughter as we sat down with all the toys.

"Can I be the dwagon?" She asked.

"Yes, I be the crocodiwile." I picked him up and we started to play.

"I'm the evil fire bweathing dragon look out!" She chased me with the dragon making me squeal with laughter.

"You missed!" I ran around and she chased me. We ran round the sofa and round the other furniture.