Chapter 49 ~ Panic

~ The next day ~

~ Ali's POV ~

We were just walking to the shops this morning because it was actually a really nice day and Daddy said he wanted to walk after sitting down all day yesterday. Dada did too.

I skipped along the pavement holding Dada's hand and we came to the first shop which was the food shop. It was so boring in the food shop so I sighed before we went in.

"It boring Dada." I flopped onto him.

"I know its very boring, but if your really good and let Daddy and I buy everything we need then you can get something from the sweets section." Dada crouched down in front of me.

"Anything from sweet section?" I asked smiling.

"Anything." He smiled.

"Yay!" I squealed jumping up with excitement. He chuckled and stood back up to hold my hand. I just kept up as good as I could but every time I got bored it was hard to just keep on going. We kept on going round and round for what felt like ages and ages.

I get so bored shopping.

"We're almost done cub." Daddy said to me. That made me remember I could get some sweets so I kept on going and didn't complain at all.

It felt like it had been 100 years but in reality we were all done in 15 minutes. I was so bored and just wanted to run around and play.

"Ok we are all do-"

"Lets go Dada!" I grabbed his hand really quickly and pulled him very fast. He nearly tripped over and started laughing as I pulled him all the way to the sweets. I squealed at them knowing I could get any.

I crouched down to look at the lower ones and ended up picking 2 strawberry lollies. They are my favourite of course.

"Please can me have these Dada?" I asked holding them up to him.

"Of course cub, and well done for being very well behaved while Daddy and I shopped." He praised. That made me feel good. He took my hand again and we went to find Daddy. He had started to pay and I put the lollies on the end of the conveyor.

"Look Daddy, Dada let me get 2 lollies!" I grabbed his hand and showed him.

"Oh wow cub, well done for being so good!" He praised me. I smiled and was so happy.

Daddy payed for all the stuff and the first thing he did was pass me the lollies. I thanked him and while he was paying I started to take the wrappers off. It took a bit of time but I got them off and saw Daddy was done paying.

I held the 2nd lolly up to Dada because I couldn't get the wrapper off. He smiled and did it for me.

"Thank you Dada." I smiled and started to eat them. I was a bit slow walking because of how good they were so Daddy and Dada had to keep stopping. Daddy then came over and laughed.

"Come here then cub." He crouched down and lifted me into his arms. I smiled as I kept eating the lollies.

Daddy then carried me to the next shop which was next-door but I didn't see what shop it was because I was still eating happily. About 10 minutes later I realised we were in a clothes shop which would have really bored me, but I was happy with the lollies.

Daddy then set me on my feet and was looking through some clothes. I kept my eyes on the lollies and with my feet just controlling my brain for a moment I wandered off a bit. I was giggling at eating the lollies so didn't really see anything other than them.

I looked up for a second seeing I had wandered off but knew I wasn't lost or anything. But in that brief look up something caught my eye. I looked up again and saw a women pretty close to me although she was focused on the clothes in front of her.

But there was no way on this earth I wouldn't recognise here in a millisecond.

Olga ( A.N: Ali's matron from Baby-Girl)

My heart jumped for a second and my whole body went stiff. It took me a second to realise what I needed to do though. Hide.

I walked as fast as I could away from her and hid behind one of the rails on the far side of the shop. I peeped out to make sure she didn't see me and I was pretty alone here.

I did start shaking uncontrollably though so I tried to keep my body still but I couldn't stop shaking. I tried stopping and slapped my hands a few times but nothing worked. I felt my breathing was faster and I tried to breathe in slowly but my body wouldn't let me. It was so strange I felt so dissociated.

My breathing was getting worse and I tried breathing in but I felt so oxygen get to my lungs which scared me so much.

I stood up but felt so dissociated and my shaking was so bad I could barely walk. I really wanted Daddy and Dada. I felt like I was going to die.

I walked as much as I could until I just couldn't anymore and felt my breath was slowly dying. I buried my head in my hands and my chest was going up and down faster than I had ever felt it. I just couldn't breathe and I couldn't stop shaking.

"Ali?" I heard. I jumped out my skin and looked forward with such wide eyes and felt I couldn't move them. I could make out Daddy was in front of me but the dissociation was so hard to handle.

I saw his concerned look and managed to hold my arms up to him despite them shaking so bad. He came over really quickly and got me in his arms. He stood up and held me so close to him rocking me side to side.

"Daddy and Dada are right here cub, we're right here." I heard Daddy say softly in my ear. I felt Daddy have his arms round me too but I still couldn't breathe right.

"We are right here cub, we are going no where, your safe." Dada whispered in my ear. Daddy rubbed my back and Dada held my hand tightly and they both kissed my head lightly every few seconds. I hugged into them both so tightly and had my head completely buried into Daddy's neck.

"We've got you cub, we've got you we promise." Daddy whispered so softly. I felt my breathing was starting to become slightly more manageable and from Daddy and Dada's tight grip on me my shaking had gotten better.

My brain was just full of bad memories and terror.

"Your okay, we promise." Dada whispered. That constant reassurance was just the most helpful thing in this situation. I then managed to take a deep breath and felt oxygen go into my lungs and I felt so relieved. It took a while but eventually I felt like I was almost breathing normally. They kept reassuring me and I was so so grateful.

About 15 minutes later I lifted my head out of Daddy's neck and looked around seeing the world wasn't spinning around or dizzy anymore. Everything was normal again and muscles felt so a lot less tense.

Daddy then held the back of my head and I looked to him and Dada.

"We got you Baby-girl." They both whispered.

I felt so emotional.

"Wuv you." I said so softly and snuggled into Daddy's neck again, crying a bit from being a bit overwhelmed.

"We love you too cub." I heard them both say.

I didn't really hear much after that because I was just so chilled out laying on Daddy's shoulder. I watched as we crossed roads and stuff like that but felt so relaxed I could have fallen asleep.

Which eventually, I did.

Hey guys,

I would like to thank Jaspreetmundeh21 so much for the idea! I'm loving all your guys' ideas and I have a lot of requests for Ali in a newborn headspace so look out for that in the next chapter. If you have mentioned an idea I have them all written down and I will 100% use them all. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Leave suggestions for future chapters. Don't forget to vote. Have a great day!

Don't forget to Social Distance! :D