Chapter 39 ~ Monsters.

~ Ali's POV ~

I woke up and opened my eyes slowly. I rubbed the sleep out of them and finally focused my eyes. I looked round seeing I was in my crib looking at the ceiling.

I sucked my thumb for comfort and was about to close my eyes again when I heard a noise.

I flinched a bit and sat up slowly. It sounded like a twig breaking. I looked round the room getting scared.

I then saw shadows around the room and I buried my head in my hands for comfort. I hugged Ra Ra with my life and curled up small.

I heard a howling sound as well which scared me. What was that noise? Maybe it was a monster...

I came up from curling up small and looked round the room hugging my legs. There were shadows that were long and thin. They looked like a monsters arms. The howling sounded like his stomach. He must be hungry...

I stood up startled from my thoughts and grabbed the side of my crib with one hand and held Ra Ra with the other. When I then heard a loud thud sound I pushed myself out the crib with all my strength and back towards my door.

I held Ra Ra as he hung just below my waist. Without turning to the door I opened it from my free hand and rushed out the room. I breathed a sigh of relief. I clutched Ra Ra.

But then I heard the howling again. It shook me right up and nearly scared me off my feet. The monster was getting hungrier. It was going to eat me..

I decided I couldn't handle the terror from this. I ran across the landing, round the corner and burst straight into Daddy and Dadas room.

I looked around breathing heavily. But I didn't see them... they weren't there..

My heart felt like it dropped and it scared me even more. The monster had eaten them as well!

I started to cry softly as tears ran down my cheek and I hugged Ra Ra with my life. I wanted Dada to hold me. I wanted them both to hold me. But they had been eaten! I was next!

I ran out the room with tears streaming down my face and a shaky body. I ran round the corner through the door and ran all the way down the stairs. I wasn't allowed to run down the stairs but I didn't have a choice.

It felt like the stairs went on forever as it took me ages to get my shaky legs down the tall stairs. I nearly tripped but grabbed the bar to steady myself.

I ran to the kitchen and scanned the room but no one..

I was absolutely terrified as I heard the growling again. I ran out the kitchen and headed to the bathroom.

"Ali?" I heard.

I jumped out my skin and quietly screamed. I fell to the floor and curled up, shielding my head with my hands and Ra Ra buried underneath me. I shook so much and cried my eyes out.

"Hey baby it's me." I heard softly. I was a shaky mess but slowly looked up and came out of my little ball. I looked up in front of me seeing someone crouched down.

"Hey your okay. I'm right here." Dada softly said.

"D..Dada?" I asked hoping this wasn't a dream.

"It's me." He softly said with a smile. I came out of my little ball I was curling in and held my shaky hand out to him. He looked at it and smiled. He pulled me closer to him and took me into his safe arms.

I cried into his chest and he rubbed my back soothingly. When I pulled away from the tears building up too much I was about to dry my eyes when he took his hand and dried them with his thumb.