Chapter 34 ~ Pier

~ Ali's POV ~

I started to bake the cake with Ouma.

"So the first thing to do is to add the butter and caster sugar in this bowl here and mix it up." Ouma pointed.

She passed me the ingredients and I put them
in the bowl together. I made sure all the butter and sugar went in the bowl.

I picked up the spoon and started to mix them up.

"That's good mixing!" Ouma praised me.

I carried on mixing until it was all combined.

"All mixed Ouma!" I pointed as I passed her the bowl.

"Very good! Next thing is to add 2 eggs and vanilla extract." Ouma told me.

~ 1 Hour later ~

The cake was baked and it had also cooled off as well.

I helped Ouma tidy up and she also gave me some sweets while we waiting for it to bake and cool. The time went very quickly though.

"Now that is an amazing cake!" Ouma smiled.

"Can we eat it?!" I jumped up and down hoping we could.

"Of course we can! Let Ouma cut it quickly." She got a knife and started to cut it into slices. I stood back, being a bit cautious of the sharp knife.

She served 2 slices on 2 plates and pushed one over to me.

I picked it up and took a bite of it.

It was so good!!

"I love it Oumaaa!!" I squealed taking another bite.

"It's delicious!" She smiled.

"I wanna share it with Oumpa, Daddy and Dada!" I smiled.

"I think that's a great idea! It's too big for just us!" She laughed. She put another slice on another plate.

"Go give this to Oumpa." She smiled. "He's in his study."

I took the plate and carefully walked there being careful not to drop it.

I walked to his study and went inside. I saw he was doing some work on his computer. Like Daddy always does.

"Oumpa.." I quietly said not wanting to disturb him.

He turned around and saw me there.

"Hey monkey!" He smiled as he held his arms out. I hugged him with the plate in my hands and he pulled away after a few seconds.

"I brought you cake that me and Ouma made!" I passed him the plate.

"Oh Monkey thank you!" He took it and he took of bite of it. "Wow this is delicious!"

I smiled as I left him to work as I didn't want to disturb him.

While I was out the kitchen I went for a wander to find Daddy and Dada. I went upstairs to the room they always stay in but they weren't in there.

It did make me a bit on edge as they said they would be here but they aren't...

Daddy left for 2 days the other day I really didn't want him to leave me again today.

I went all over the upstairs rooms but they weren't here...

They couldn't have left me could they?

I went down the stairs, holding onto the handrail like Dada tells me to do. I went to the living room but I didn't see them...

I started breathing a bit heavier and went back into the kitchen so I could tell Ouma.