Chapter 54 ~ Brave

~ Next day ~
~ Ali's POV ~

I held Dada's hand while skipping along the pavement. I was heading to nursery today as they both had to work. I was unhappy about it to be honest... I always missed them when I go nursery. I was staring down at the pavement, not even playing the 'not step on on the crack' game, as I was sad.

"What's up cub?" I heard above me. I looked up seeing him look down at me.

"I don't wanna go..." I looked down again and shuffled my feet. I felt his hand leave my grip and saw him crouch down to my level slowly.

"Why's that baby?" He asked sympathetically while setting both hands on my shoulders. I turned away a bit and rubbed my eyes as I didn't want to say why. "You can tell me anything cub..." He softly spoke.

I looked up again and saw he had a soft expression on. I immediately sucked my thumb and cleared my throat.

"I miss you." I said shyly and then I instantly looked down. I heard him gasp quietly and then felt his arms go round my body comfortingly. He rubbed my back slowly and I finally returned the hug after a few seconds.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to baby... I won't force you.." He quietly said.

"But.. but wou and Daddy have work..." I sniffled pulling away from burying in his neck. He looked at me trustingly and held the back of my head.

"You come first cub... work isn't even half as important as you."

"Really?" I stuttered a bit.

"Of course cub... I really mean it." He said seriously yet comfortingly. I looked down a thought for a few seconds. I wanted to stay with Daddy and Dada today but... I also kinda wanted to go in... y'know.. to see Lila and my other friends.

"I be brave Dada... I go in." I said nodding my head.

"You sure cub?" He asked. I nodded. "Don't feel like you have to..."

"I wanna be bwave... but can I.. call wou at lunchtime?" I asked shyly and then putting my thumb in my mouth. He just pulled me in for a hug straight away and held me very firmly.

"Of course you can cub...you can call me anytime you like." He said reassuringly. "Always remember I'll be there if you need me okay?"

"Okay Dada..." I pulled away and my speech was muffled as my thumb was still in my mouth. He smiled softly and then stood up properly, lifting me into his arms comfortingly. I wrapped my arms round his neck and felt his arm on my back, rubbing it gently.

We made it to the nursery doors about 2 minutes later and we went inside, feeling relief from the bitter cold. We went to the front desk and I saw Miss Amy standing there with a happy smile when she saw us.

"Hello Mr Jones! How are you today?" She asking smiling wide.

"Hello! I'm all good thank you, how's everything with you today?" He asked.

"All well thanks!" She smiled and then turned to me in Dadas grip. "And good morning to you sweetie, how are you?" She had a very upbeat and playful tone.

"I good thank wou." I smiled a bit. I was then set on my feet and Dada held my shoulders again.

"You can ask Miss Amy to call me anytime you like okay baby?"

"Okay Dada." I let a smile out which caused him to smile back.

"Have a good day cub, I love you." He pulled me into a hug.

"Wuv you too Dada." I wrapped my arms round him and squeezed him tightly. We pulled away after a few seconds and while he stood up he kissed my forehead.