Chapter 44 ~ Clingy

~ Ali's POV ~

I woke up in my crib and rubbed my eyes softly. I felt so tired and lousy this morning. Just didn't feel great in general mentally and a bit physically.

It was the month my parents left all that time ago so it always got my anxiety going and that did affect my physical health at the same time. I sucked my thumb and snuggled down softly.

I then heard the door go quite suddenly and I sat up so alarmed. I stared at the door and saw Daddy and Dada come in which made me relax.

They were both talking about something which I wasn't really listening to, I was too busy rubbing my eyes from tiredness.

I was then picked up and saw Dada holding me. He laid a kiss on my forehead and I flopped my head on his chest and sucked my thumb calmly.

He then laid me on the table and I shut my eyes for a bit cos I was so tired I would have fallen asleep right there. Dada changed and dressed me in some warm clothes. I was guessing we was going out somewhere.

I was so longing for Dada to pick me up so I gave him grabby hands and whimpered for him. He picked me up and I grabbed hold of him so tightly and really didn't want to lift up.

He carried me downstairs and I was basically blocking out all conversation from how ill I felt. I didn't feel like speaking, I just wanted Dada to hold me.

But Dada took me to the car straight away. Like no breakfast, no playtime, no baba..

I was glad though because I wasn't hungry at all. I didn't have a clue where we were going so I zoned back in and heard we were going to the mall to get some stuff.

I was so exhausted so when Dada strapped me in I closed my eyes immediately and was asleep in minutes.

~ At the Mall ~

I woke up suddenly and saw I was being carried through the busy mall full of lots and lots of people. I looked around and rubbed my eyes softly. I was getting anxious from all the people so I buried into Daddy who was holding me.

I felt him rub my back and I snuggled right into him, taking that comfort straight in. I then looked around and saw a massive bunch of people in front of us.

I never knew the mall could get this busy. It was like everyone in the world was here. I whimpered a bit and tried to snuggle into Daddy but I felt myself being put on my feet.

"Hold Daddy's hand tightly Baby." I heard him say. I reached for his hand and held it really tightly like he asked me.

I was really tired though so as a few minutes went by, the hand hold became weaker although Daddy had his hand gripped really tight.

We walked through the bunch of people and I saw Daddy had his phone in his hands for directions to somewhere. I really wanted to just cling to him from how tired and ill I felt.

Just as I was about to grab Daddy's waist, a massive hoard of people came through and our grip broke. The people pushed me backwards and I couldn't see Daddy. I tried looking over people but I was far too short.

I started to panic and whimper for Daddy but I kept getting pushed all around from the people. I felt so tired and shaky I couldn't go my own direction.

I started crying and sniffling, that I couldn't find Daddy anywhere. I was so so scared I really wanted to find him. I felt like my breathing was getting faster and I couldn't bring it back down.

There were just too many people and a weak, ill person like me had no chance at getting my way through.

I started shivering from the cold and hugged myself for warmth as tears streamed down my face.