65

"You want freedom. I want you. We can't have both." — Jeon Jungkook.

"You are the most egoistic and insane person I've ever known," Taehyung declared forcefully as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the closet where he was just cornered

"You are the most egoistic and insane person I've ever known," Taehyung declared forcefully as he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the closet where he was just cornered. He said it only because it seemed to bother him.

Jungkook didn't seem to mind that Taehyung was still half-naked, though, and his now-familiar expression can only imply one thing. And it was that he would hurl some derogatory remarks at him. They ignored each other the other days, so it didn't make sense that they're suddenly back to talking and agitating each other.

Jungkook asked, lowly amused, "Am I now?" He continued, mockingly, "Well then you're not a good judge of character," and in response, Taehyung's mouth twitched in confusion.

He asked carefully, "How would you know?"

"Your mother. I instructed Seokjin to give her all the luxuries she desired in exchange for her most prized possession. And guess what, your darling mother agreed without thinking twice." He revealed with amusement, and the blond boy gasped in horror, forgetting briefly that he was still only wearing underwear when his hands fell limp at his sides.

Taehyung spoke faintly, "M–mom did that?" as he tried to put the puzzle pieces together.

Jungkook replied quietly, "Yes, she did. Remember when she forced you to go for a walk when you were clearly having a panic attack, just after a couple days when you met me? Or the time when she sent you to that supermarket, the one that collapsed under firing?" He arched his brows suggestively while grinning, "She was quick to do as told when it came to receiving some free gifts."

"You mean she agreed to do whatever you asked of her even though she knew I would be in danger?" Taehyung asked puzzled. "I don't believe you," He added immediately, nodding to himself but his stance lacked confidence. "I know we had never been on good terms, but she would never do this to me. She's my mother."

Jungkook responded with a shrug, "But she did, bambi." He rasped and grinned like a maniac, "All credits to me for the planning and plotting,"

Stunned, the boy sat down on the bed. Again, what can't he figure out with that plan?

"I wanted you. It's as simple as that." He continued even though the blond boy wanted to throw up.

Jungkook's so vicious and only wanted to damage him with his remarks because he asked for answers behind Ace's statement.

Taehyung wasn't sure if he could really be trusted. He had a half a mind of calling him out on his bullshit because what if he had threatened his mother, but the other half actually knew his mother, and he felt defeated.

Taehyung asked, "But w–why," his eyes welling with tears. He said softly, maintaining eye contact, "And why me?" feeling dazed by everything.

Jungkook bit his lip and simply looked at him, "Because you're innocent," He spoke with smirk, "And because you're both shy and feisty. I just couldn't resist having you all to myself after we first met."