56

Taehyung felt warmth through the cold blurry whiteness and the never-ending fog, as if it were drawing him away from here.

"Taehyung?" A familiar voice called out to him.

The blond boy held Sofia's warm hand, whimpering about how his entire body felt like it had been hit by a truck, and how he finally realised where he was when he opened his eyes, only to recoil when he heard someone else.

The hospital's bright lights burnt his eyes, so he squinted and blinked quickly to adjust them.

Taehyung's throat was scratchy and dry, and his lips were parched as he tried to speak but couldn't.

The nebulizer mask over Taehyung's nose and mouth attached with a long tube was providing him with medicines mixed with oxygen, making it easy for him to breathe but difficult for him to speak; a drip on his hand, where the IV fluids ran, had his body numb and clammy in sweat; he must have been unconscious for a while.

Taehyung tried to recollect what had happened by taking slow and deep breaths, but he couldn't. His senses were overwhelmed by the beeping of his steady heartbeat.

Then he heard Jungkook's voice more clearly, and flashbacks of how he had fallen on his head came back to him as the ravenette hovered over him with sorrowful flecked eyes.

Taehyung couldn't make out what Jungkook was saying because he was still drowsy and his vision was slightly foggy, but it stung. All he knew was that looking at him or hearing his voice hurt.

When Jungkook held Taehyung's hand, his eyes welled up with tears, and he whimpered and tried to thrash away.

Jungkook shuddered, a sad expression on his face and sleepy eyes, the other hand stroking his hair.

Sofia was attempting to persuade Jungkook to go, but he ignored her.

While attempting to shove him away, Taehyung's heartbeat was loud and fast. He was adamant about not seeing him. Then his heart began to pound faster and quicker, louder in his ears, his cheeks flushed with tears.

"Please don't..." Taehyung whispered, then closed his eyes tiredly.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Sofia's POV :

"Why the fuck didn't you wake me up?" As he rises up, Jungkook rasped, clearing his throat. Taehyung flinches as soon as he opens his eyes.

"Jungkook, get out of here." I sigh, but he doesn't stop, especially when his eyes widen as he notices Taehyung has awoken.

"Taehyung." Jungkook murmured softly, as if he didn't believe he was awake.

He then grasped his hand, causing him to whimper.

Jungkook cringed in pain; I never expected to live to see this day, even if he appeared heartbroken earlier, this was different. Taehyung squirmed uncomfortably on the bed.

"Didn't you notice that he's still in pain? Get out of here." When Taehyung started wailing and the monitor on his heart started beeping alarmingly, I got frightened.

"Don't be so self-centered, Jungkook." I try to reason with this jerk so we don't have a relapse like we did earlier, but it appears that he is doing this to himself, wanting to experience the rejection and hurt.