53

"That cold ain't the weather. That's death approaching."

08:22

Taehyung remained transfixed and wide-eyed, breathing slowly as Seokjin's words lingered on him.

He was also tense because of the way Seokjin judged him with his dark eyes just a few seconds earlier. Taehyung didn't blame him, but he wished they could all see things his way. Did they really expect him to ignore the first light of hope he encountered?

Taehyung accepted everything. Jungkook inflicted pain on him, revoked his freedom, touched him, and did a variety of other things.

But Taehyung was still being held captive, and he couldn't even inform his family that he was still alive, so when the opportunity arose, he seized it without hesitation. It's not like he wanted Jungkook to get jailed for any reason, no matter how satisfying it sounded, or how much difficulty he had to go through following the consequences.

Unfortunately, Jeon Jungkook will forever remain unconcerned.

Taehyung's pacing came to a halt when he heard the front door bang open and muffled people enter.

Jungkook appeared to have returned from wherever he had gone.

"What did he do—!" Jungkook yelled, sending shivers down Taehyung's spine and making him jump up a little. His already uneven heartbeat became even more irregular as his silken voice roared up from the first floor.

Taehyung gulped down the thickness of his throat, never expecting the ravenette's words to sound so threatening or so loud. It accurately depicted his rage and resentment.

"Where the fuck is he—!?" Jungkook screamed angrily.

Taehyung's body is drenched in cold sweat and shivering violently. He was frozen in place by the absolute terror in his bones, and he began counting down the seconds till Jungkook appeared in front of him.

Even though his heartbeat was increasing, Taehyung couldn't bring himself to run or hide somewhere. Even though he could hear his frantic steps approaching him with only one goal in mind.

And that was to harm him.

When Jungkook saw Taehyung, he came to an abrupt halt on the last stair, noticing the blond boy's distressed demeanour.

Taking a close look at him, he hissed and looked beyond enraged.

When Jungkook stepped closer, Taehyung shouted a little, and his arm was instantly securely seized and tugged, drawing his focus back to how angry he was.

"Jungkook," Taehyung growled, expressing his dissatisfaction by shakily breathing out his discomfort.

"Jungkook, nothing!" He retaliated with a rough yell and raised one of his fists before smacking him hard across the face.

As Taehyung gasped, his hair whipped and he turned to face him, cradling his bruised cheek, the shrill echo of the slap resonated in his ears.

"Did you really think I wouldn't find out? My reputation was not built in a day, bambi," Jungkook reprimanded in a strained raspy voice, clenching his jaw painfully tight and raking his face with his hardened gaze. "If you've forgotten, the last cunning son of a bitch who crossed me is six feet under."