61

"The devil and I get along just fine."

The first thing that sprang to mind for Taehyung was when he realised the man wasn't Russian

He returned the stare, his short hair unkempt, the club lights falling on his face, making him appear more dangerous. He then smirked.

"How did you know I wasn't a local?" Taehyung spoke slowly, his forehead furrowed as his face was scrutinised by the man.

"You stand out, love. It's just easy to guess who's a regular when I happen to own this place," Ace preferred to speak in a businesslike manner, his brown eyes crinkled at the sides.

He was beautiful, yet there was something off about him.

"You own this place?" Taehyung asked softly, taking a step back so his veiny but rugged hand slid off his back.

He flashed that sexy grin, his hands in the pockets of his black dress pants, and he appeared to be rather relaxed.

"Yes. Although this is simply a side job, it pays nicely." He said, then moistened his lips and studied Taehyung's looks even further. Yeah right, a side job.

Before taking Taehyung to an elegant area where they sat on a dark sofa, Ace husked with a devious voice. "Why don't you come in and have a drink with me and tell me why a beautiful young boy like you is doing here? I don't recall inviting you, and I've never seen you before, love."

"Does that imply you don't want me here? I can always leave." Taehyung shot back.

If he's learnt anything from his time in a gang, it's that if you show them that you're not terrified at all, they'll suddenly be fascinated by your mere existence. It's fantastic that he was able to do that without hesitation.

Ace raised a brow and laughed, "There's no need to be defensive. All I want to do is get to know you."

Y/N, who was wearing a dark green short dress and drinking scotch, was also seated here when she noticed Taehyung. She stood up, quickly excused herself from Ace, and rapidly walked away, looking from side to side.

That was strange.

"I came here to meet a friend." Taehyung lied through his teeth smoothly, his gaze returning to Ace.

"If you give me his name, I might be able to assist you in finding him." Ace generously offered.

"I'll make sure to do so if I don't see him, but for now I'm fine." He then offered him a drink. "I don't drink." The blond kindly declined.

Taehyung had no faith in him and suspected that the drink was most likely drugged. Ace arched his eyebrows, shrugged, and drank the entire shot glass by himself.

This was the man with enough evidence to bring down Jungkook's gang, and Taehyung was the one who had to successfully steal a chip from him.

Some of the digits on that cured up piece of paper that day were codes for fake names and personalities, as well as their bank accounts, which had large sums of money scattered around the globe.