42

"Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

His name barely left Taehyung's lips while his eyes raked down his body

There Jungkook was, standing in an intimidating posture wearing all black, gazing at the blond with a mixture of relief and pure anger on his face.

Taehyung knew his new-found freedom was too good to be true, but he was hoping to finally reunite with his father today and not shivering upon coming across a fueling mad Jungkook, who blinked when he saw him without pants and a half naked Ryan.

A cold bead of sweat trailed down Taehyung's neck as he looked down, not daring to move.

He stayed put in terror, afraid that this was his last moment of regained freedom.

"Get by my fucking side, Taehyung!" Jungkook growled viciously.

His dark velvety voice weaponised and fashioned into a cage, Taehyung would never break free.

"Don't, Taehyung." Ryan said back briefly looking at him.

The blond glanced at him and held his head up, trying to be strong.

Jungkook smiled wickedly, and before Taehyung could comprehend, he pulled the trigger.

There was a deafening bang that rested in the air.

Taehyung gasped in uproar and screwed his eyes shut, flinching, before he realised that Jungkook had purposely shot a blank near his feet.

It might be a blank shot, but it was indeed a warning. A red-flag to not disobey him.

The blond opened his mouth to yell at him, but only found himself with the need to cry.

Taehyung's bottom lip wobbled, quickly closing his eyes so he was not looking at the devil but at the comforting blackness behind his eyes.

"Are you going to come with me now?" Jungkook grinned, twirling around his gun, when Taehyung looked at him pleadingly. He knew how weepy his baby got when he killed people.

Was Taehyung's escape worth another dead man? He would have to live with that.

Was he capable of purposefully condemning an innocent man? The one who had actually saved him and was leading him back to his father?

"Yes," The words were hard to get out, "I'm ready to go."

"Taehyung." Ryan tried giving him a stern look but the blond boy shook his head, then stumbled his way towards the ravenette on his own will.

Taehyung couldn't have survived condemning another man to death. He knew himself too well.

Jungkook smiled victoriously, before pulling the younger male behind himself, then set his furious eyes on the cop in front of him, switching his expressions like how the day changes into night.