Chapter 94 - 96

Chapter 94 - Merry Christmas

On the cellphone, Mama Jing said without hesitation, "Xiao Ran insisted on surprising you and wouldn't let me tell you. You know how that girl is, she always likes to do things grandly. I was worried she'd get lost...You found her?"

Afraid of Liang Ran tripping and falling, Jing Huan instinctively reached out to steady her, carrying the plushie with him to touch her back. "En, she's next to me."

Mama Jing was relieved. "That's good."

Liang Ran felt like something was wrong and asked, "Huanhuan, who are you calling?"

"My mom." Jing Huan hung up the phone.

"Ah?" Liang Ran pouted. "I told auntie not to tell you... Then, you already knew I was coming?"

Before Jing Huan could say anything, Liang Ran's hand went back and grabbed the small Xiao Xiangjing plush in Jing Huan's hand.

"So is this my Christmas present?" Her disappointed expression only lasted for two seconds before she smiled sweetly again. "NCH's devil child plushie?"

Jing Huan subconsciously looked at the person next to him.

It wasn't like he could say that he had wanted to give it to the male classmate next to him.

However you looked at it, male students giving each other plushies was quite strange.

Compared to him, Xiang Huaizhi was very calm.

He looked down at the plushie in Liang Ran's hand, and in one glance he backed off without his mouth changing or moving at all.

Liang Ran held Jing Huan for a while before finally releasing him. Seeing the person next to Jing Huan, her smile became more polite. "Hello, I'm Jing Huan's Jiejie."

"Hello," Xiang Huaizhi nodded at her. "Xiang Huaizhi, his senior."

Liang Ran's brow nearly imperceptively wrinkled, but it quickly smoothed out. She looked at Jing Huan and said, "Picking me up by yourself would've been fine, why did you make your friend accompany you?"

Jing Huan licked his lips. Although Xiang Huaizhi had already known about Liang Ran for a long time, he still felt a subtle embarrassment when they stood together.

But apparently, he was the only one who felt that way.

"It's okay," Xiang Huaizhi said. "I just so happened to be free."

Jing Huan's mouth opened and closed, but in the end, he didn't say anything.

In this way, the Christmas confession date had become a welcoming reception dinner.

Jing Huan even suspected that Xiang Huaizhi thought that he had asked him out to pick up Liang Ran.

"Then, where shall we go now?" Liang Ran blinked.

Naturally, Jing Huan couldn't just cast his Jie aside.

He glanced at the Xiao Xiangjing plushie in the woman's hand and thought that well, she did already count as half your aunt, so just take it ba.

He sighed and said, "Go eat dinner."

On the way there, Jing Huan kept looking for an opportunity to send a text message to Xiang Huaizhi, explaining that Liang Ran's arrival was an unexpected event.

But Liang Ran and him hadn't seen each other for a long time, so she excitedly hung onto his arm and chatted with him the entire way.

"I still like our domestic food best, foreign food is all fast food," Liang Ran pinched her own face, her delicate skin pinched out in an arc. "You see, I'm fat now."