Madhav's Confession Pt-1

On the day when Dev reached Sitalaghar that day itself in the evening Madhav left for Srikrishnapur as Parvati didn't have a brother Madhav was summoned to complete all the rituals as her brother and he was more than happy to do that. Tomorrow is the engagement day and today Dev's family along with Devendra, Arjun and Akash would reach Srikrishnapur by evening and Madhav and Gauri had a ritual to complete today being brother and sister of the bride to be. The ritual was that the bride to be's brother and sister should visit their ancestral temple to do a 'Havan' (Pooja) for the bride to be's well being and for her to have a happy married life. After which they will receive 'Haldi' and 'Kumkum' (Turmeric and Vermilion) from the Temple's Priest where in the Turmeric is used for Tilak in engagement ceremony and in Haldi ceremony and the vermilion is used during the wedding were the groom will apply vermilion on the brides forehead. Madhav was very excited for this ritual as he would get sometime to spend with Gauri alone. Gauri's last words at the hospital still bothered him and Madhav finally recognise that he has something for Gauri which he couldn't name. Which was making him restless and crazy as well. Till few days back he thought that he loved Parvati, but where as in reality it was Gauri from the beginning itself. But as she was smaller he didn't or he taught his heart to see Gauri as his younger sister. But whenever a boy tries to get close to her or proposes her, Madhav always use to interfere and threaten that boy behind Gauri's back, which was more and what a brother should do. And finally when Dr.Arjun asked for her hand in marriage and when she said yes Madhav lost all his cool. It was as if someone tightly slapped him, he never thought that Gauri will say yes to someone, that she will leave him, he always thought that Gauri is the same little girl she used to be and he will protect her. No one needs to know his feelings for her. But he failed to see that she has grown up she to needs to move on and she would finally have courage to leave him. That was it. Madhav's dormant feelings which he kept hidden in his heart suddenly came up. That was really an eye-opener for him because he was fooling himself, even dragged Parvati and Gauri in his foolishness, afraid to face his feelings, his heart but not anymore, just like Dev he would also fight for his love, his Gauri he determined.

To be continued........