Gauri

Ma! Madhav ji? Where is he? And how's his condition? inquired Parvati as she calmed down after the mini-drama which took place hours ago because of her ex-husband. In all this chaos I actually forgot about him said Parvati feeling guilty. It's not your fault child, reminded Vrinda by lovingly caressing Parvati's hair. You have got a lot on your plate already, it's amusing that you still look out and care for others though, pacified Vrinda. Actually Madhav woke up yesterday morning and is stabled now. Oh! But why didn't you informed me and who is taking care of him now? I didn't get the chance to let you know about Madhav's condition and as for your second question's answer your sister Gauri came yesterday night and she is taking care of him said Vrinda smiling smugly. You knew? Huh? I'm asking that do you know about Gauri's crush on Madhav ji, by the way you are smiling it seems that you know it since ages said Parvati monotonously. Isn't it obvious? was Vrinda's short reply. Yes it is... only I didn't have any clue about that though, thought Parvati reminiscing that fateful day which was another wound for her heart, where she lost her sister, which has become another reason because of which Parvati is being detached from her family.

Flashback
Yet another uneventful day passed for Parvati. As night came she was sitting in the swing of their garden staring lifelessly at the full moon high up in the sky shining in it's magnificent form showering her blessings to all the mortals in the world. But for Parvati the beautiful moon goddess aslo couldn't calm down her bleeding heart as she saw nothingness in Moon also. Nothingness...that was her life now she thought but was soon bought out of her thinking session when she heard the twinkling of anklets which belonged to her beloved little sister, followed by weeping. Weeping? Is she crying? Parvati panicked. Gauri? What happened to you dear? Why are you crying asked Parvati worriedly coming beside in an instant and embracing gauri tightly as if trying to take her pain away. But was shocked when Gauri suddenly pushed Parvati harshly. You! You are my problem! Gauri? Wh-what are you speaking asked Parvati astonished. He had eyes only for you from the start, he never loved anyone else besides you. Not only him Jiji every men had eyes only for you, I don't know what you possess that everyone around us get mesmerized by your charms but what about us jiji? Till when we will be kept in the dark, while you enjoy the spotlight, till when we need to be your shadow. See even now because of things happened in your married life you again managed to gain people's attention. Everyone in this house treats like you are a porcelain doll. And not only that, you even managed to get the attention of your in-laws, to the extent that they have disowned their own son for you. I'm not saying that whatever that had happened to you shouldn't be taken care of , but don't you think this is too much. Your divorce happened months ago, but still you are in this shell or maybe acting to be. You know what jiji? You are just an attention seeker, you don't like anyone being in the spotlight besides you that's why you are doing this. Gauri? Parvati whispered shocked. Don't be like this Gauri, you don't know what you are saying, don't say anything which you will regret later, you are saying all this in a fit of rage. Tell me. Tell me everything, who had the audacity to reject my baby sister, your Jiji will help you ok? Said Parvati caressing Gauri's face. I'm not saying anything in a fit of rage jiji, neither will I regret saying this to you cause you are the most selfish person I have ever met. Since years I have bottled up everything in my mind, I didn't mind people caring for you, loving you more than me, more than all our sisters. But not this time, for the first time in my life I have wished for someone, I have loved someone and that too..Gauri chocked on her own voice. Fine! You said that you will make everything alright, right? You said that you will help me right? Then please just get lost from Madhav Ji's life said Gauri joining her hands and crying. Madhav ji? Y-you love him? I-I didn't knew. Of course how would you? You are so full of yourself that you don't have time to get to know about what happens in others lives, let alone your own sister's life. Gauri it's not what you are- Jiji if you can then please do as I said or continue being selfish declared Gauri cutting off Parvati and went from there.
I don't know what I did in my past life to suffer like this O lord cried Parvati.

That was the last time I saw her, then as she asked I tried maximum to be as far as possible be away from her, her life, her happiness. But Madhav ji still follows me like a shadow and who can I blame? After all it's his life, his choice and I can't dictate his life thought Parvati.

UHMM...UHMM..I hope that you came to check upon me Doctor said Madhav irritatingly who was trying to gain the attention of the doctor who came to check his vitals since past few minutes as the doctor was busy ogling the sleeping beauty who was sleeping by keeping her head at the side of Madhav's bed without any care in the world. Uh-Ah yes, Mr. Madhav how do you feel today?. GREAT!! Madhav replied sarcastically with irritation evident in his tone. If you are done with the check up please excuse me! said Madhav to the doctor who was still busy ogling Gauri. DOCTOR. EXCUSE. ME. said Madhav pressing each word which brought the Doctor out of his trance. Ah y-yes Mr.Madhav said the Doctor little flushed. And you, you are a girl and how can you sleep like a log said Madhav his irritation growing and started to shake Gauri. Aah! What are you doing Madhav ji let me sleep said Gauri and grabbed Madhav's sheet to cover her head. Gauri get up! Madhav urged by pulling away the bedsheets. I came all the way from Srikrishnapur to meet you and couldn't get an ounce of sleep. Please let me sleep Madhav ji. Who told you to come? And why don't you dress properly and on top of that is this a way a girl should sleep that too in front of an unmarried man without any care? Madhav bombarded her with questions.
Wait- wait Mr.Bullet express said Gauri by showing her palms to Madhav motioning him to stop, by which she earned a glare from him because of the nickname she gave him. How many questions will you ask in one go? First of all I'm wearing a kurta and plazo which I think is one of the traditional dress of India and most appropriate one. Second you always say that I am like your little sister then why I have to care , because I am sleeping besides my dear brother and I was worried about you that's why I came. I don't need any invitation and I know I will not get any from you unless its my sister..said Gauri as she flinched slightly remembering how she behaved with Parvati in the fit of rage which she regretted now. And all of this I did for this idiot...muttered Gauri. Ah! Ah! Madhav ji leave my ear! What are you doing? Don't know I heard someone calling me idiot so hand went automatically to punish them.

To be continued...