Pari

Boss! Akash gently called best knowing Dev's mentality. Should we go back? No!No need, you go ahead, for outer world you are Ashray's Founder so you should be there Dev replied. What about you boss? asked Akash sensing Dev's helplessness. I will be waiting here was his short reply. Okay.

Here! He is Mr.Akash founder of Ashray and the one who rescued the children and volunteers said the Doctor introducing Akash to Dev's parents and Parvati's Father and Uncle. Nice to meet you Mr.Akash said Adwait followed by a handshake. Thank you!Thank you so much son for saving my children cried Vrinda embracing Akash in a hug. For a young man of your generation you are doing a great job son said Shrinkhal Parvati's Father. Your Parents would be so proud of you, only if my son was like that said Vrinda disappointment and saddness evident in her tone. I'm sure Mother, your son will be a great person, as he has got such great parents smiled Akash knowingly. Hmmm...Hmm coughed Adwait on the mention of their one and only son. Let's not dwell on that matter Vrinda! warned Adwait firmly. And all the the men followed by Akash went from there , discussing and in between thanking Akash again and again for saving Parvati and Madhav.

Later that evening...
Boss! Now there is no one outside Parvati Ma'am's room you can visit her now, informed Akash to Dev who was waiting in his car in the parking lot of the hospital. But..but?She has regained her consciousness boss. Oh! Then I'll just watch her from outside, I don't want her to be panicked by seeing me as soon as she regains her consciousness. As Dev marched excitedly towards Parvati's room he was again disappointed as he couldn't watch her as much as he want, cause her Father was there. Dev was about to return back but he stopped as he heard Parvati questioning her Father through the slightly opened door, which held his interest. Baba, Parvati called weakly have I ever been kidnapped before? Kidnapped? Shrinkhal asked surprised. Yes Baba! Kidnapped! That too when I was small, like when I was around 4-5 years old? asked Parvati looking straight into her Father's eyes searching for a truthful answer. Shrinkhal was a simple man, telling lie was something which he despised the most. And Parvati, she was his greatest treasure, his world, his first one, his most beloved daughter. Baba I know you can't lie and I don't want you to said Parvati grabbing her father's warm hands and gently squeezing it encouraging him to open up. You know, so much have happened in my life and I have fought all of it bravely, I never gave up. I'm a strong woman now! So you can tell me, smiled Parvati tears glistening her eyes. Yes! My daughter is the bravest,
agreed Shrinkhal caressing her face.
Well the thing is actually we were originally a North-indian royalty to be precise Sitalaghar. What? Yes! At that time Sitalaghar had two province and both me and Adwait we used to rule it jointly and smoothly. Actually both the royalties were more like a family but the Singh's were the dominant side of Sitalaghar and hence had many enemies.
Among the enemies the Singhania's hold a grudge against Adwait's family and would use up every chance to defame or destroy them. And as our family was close to Adwait's they used to attack us also. But we used to let it go,but when you all children were born we became scared, so slowly- slowly I distanced our family and dealings with the Singh's which Adwait knowingly acknowledged. But one day everything changed, what we were afraid of happened the Singhania's kidnapped Dev followed by you. Me? Yes! You were very notorious and mischievous kid back then. You were like a butterfly always flying from one flower to other, at the backside of our palace there was dense forest which then ends up at the border of the Shinghania's kingdom. And while playing you went in that forest and we never knew both you and Dev were kept captive there. We found you both after 5 days, and by the time we found you both things became worse you were at the verge of dying and after that incident you became silent. You used to have nightmares and panic attacks. One day it became worse and you lost your consciousness. You woke up after 3 days and when you woke up it was like a miracle you forgot everything that happened. Even your nickname. Nickname? Yes we used to call you as Pari, but after that incident no one didn't dare to call you as Pari cause doctor said it may trigger the memories which you have forgotten. After that I was too scared, I almost lost my baby because of them said Shrinkhal with tears while reminiscing the past so I left everything to Adwait and went far-away and settled in South-India. But fate had other plans I think! You were once again brought here, but though I was against this marriage at the starting, I was relieved when I came to know to the Dev was your groom. Cause when you were kidnapped, when you were at the verge of dying it was Dev who saved you, so I thought it was god's plan to reunite you both, that my daughter will be safe in his hands. How wrong I was! I didn't knew people change, to the extent that one can turn into Devil, the Devil who broke my daughter completed Shrinkhal by hugging Parvati.

Dev was stunned, it was as if a bucket of cold water being thrown on him. He couldn't control his Sobs so he muffled his cry by covering his mouth by his hands. Breathing seemed uncontrollably hard for him. He slowly walked away from there, which then turned into a race, running away from the truth, running away from the pain, horror, agony. The person whom he was finding his whole life, his pari was right beside him. And what had he done? Dev thought. Oh God! Why don't you just kill me? I can't endure anymore thought Dev and collapsed.

To be continued....