Chapter 28

Saskia

He looks pale and he's practically skin and bones.
"I thought you were dead." I say but He glares at me and doesn't answer.
"Aren't you happy now? I gave you back the family you wanted." Nikolai says over the speaker  "Welcome your loving brother who tried to kill you and your parents." He ends and I stare at Samuel who turns his head.

I look away not knowing how to start the conversation and the room is quiet.The only sound heard is the sound of his chains when he changes positions.
"Samuel were you really planning to kill me, mom and dad." He turns and scuffs.

"You're unfucking believable.You have your psycho man who tortures me and he killed our parents but you're here thinking about yourself.Typical.You were selfish when you were younger and you still are.You caused us trouble all your life.Thats why mom and dad hated you." He says and tears blur my eyes.

Samuel stands and struggles to walk over making me tense.He was never really a good brother.Him and his friends bullied me but we're family.We at least had one good moment through the years
"You weren't supposed to be born.You we're an accident that our parents took pity on." He adds before he coughs " None of this would happen if you never existed.You should have done us all a favor when you took all those pills years ago.You should have been dead."He ends with a laugh.

My shoulders shake with my sobs.Seconds later the door opens and I see Nikolai.
"Now Saskia you aren't going to just sit there and make your lovely brother speak to you like that." I stare at Nikolai who's glaring at Samuel.Samuel gets more pale than before and he starts shaking.
"I would love to have our torture sessions again but I don't want to interrupt this quality family time." He says and I can tell the bastard is enjoying my pain

I turn on the broken cot to stare at Samuel."Why? I've done nothing to you or our parents.Why would you try to kill me."He stares at me before turning his head.
"Why!?" I ask again but he doesn't answer.I feel myself getting angry by the second.I walk over to him and turn him to face me.
"Why!?" I yell and he stands and pushes me back.

"What do you want me to say Saskia?! That you were nothing but a burden,a whiny little girl who nobody wanted or wants.Grow up bitch! I'm going to die anyways .Yes, I wanted the money and you know what? you were the first one I was going to kill." He laughs "Do you think anyone would have cared to look further into your unexpected death.Please.Nobody cares about you." He ends and my mind is clouded with anger.I swing and I hear his nose crack.I throw punches anywhere I can hit.Samuel tries to block them but he can't.He could never fight he was always a little bitch who had everyone fight his battle.

Samuel looses his balance as he tries to block my hits.He falls to the floor and I kick him repeatedly in his stomach.As I hit him images of my past play like a movie. I was always alone,making up nice family moments that never happened in my head to feel happy,Samuel always getting the praise for not doing shit, the bullying and verbal abuse.I wrapped up a crappy childhood into the perfect Hallmark family movie.

I stop and look down at Samuel's body bloody and covered with bruises on the floor. he looks up at me  and laughs showing his bloody discolored teeth.I turn when I hear something hit the floor.Its a hunting knife .I stare at a smiling Nikolai before turning when I hear Samuel laughing.

"It doesn't matter what you do to me physically you still ain't shit and never will be"He says as he spits blood and saliva at my feet.He keeps laughing and it's making me angrier that after all he's done to me he still wants to mock me.He coughs up blood before rolling on his  back

"You want to know what's even more funny." He coughs again " You remember when you tried to kill yourself.I made the bet." He ends and laughs. I walk over to the knife and pick it up with shaking hands.I remember it very well. Steve told me he liked me then circulated photos of my half dressed body.I grip the knife as he continues laughing.I don't remember moving before the knife plunges in his chest.I stab him repeatedly as my tears flowed.I remember asking my parents for help but they told me I was out in the street being a hoe opening my legs for anyone so I need to deal with the repercussions.I tried hard to be the best and be a good daughter but I was nothing but a burden.I hate him,I hate my parents and I hate that I didn't stand up for myself.

I stop and look down at his lifeless body in a pool of blood. Oh my god what have I done? I scramble away from Samuel's body and drop the knife.I stare at my bloody hands and clothes as I scream and cry out the years of pain I felt but covered.I feel myself being lifted and I fight against Nikolai's hold.
"This is your fault!" I yell as I fight his hold but he holds me closer.He places me on the bed and pulls me into his hold restraining me.

"Shh,shh the easy part is done.I knew I made the right decision to save him for you." He says  but I don't have the strength to ask what he means as my eyes close.