Chapter 10

Saskia

I pick up the discarded plates and throw them at him but he dodges them.As he gets closer I slowly come to my senses and my anger changes to fear.Fuck! I run to the side and eye his slow movements.A shiver runs down my spine when he smiles.
"Come here."

I shake my head no and climb in the bed to move to the other side.Now it's just the bed that separates us.If I let him get to me he'll hurt me.I blink away the tears and hug my body.My body shakes as he silently watches me.I could lock myself in the bathroom but he'll just knock the door down.I look around the room.
"Baby come to me,I won't hurt you but if you continue I will." He says and I play out every scenario in my mind but I loose every time.

My body shakes from my sobs as I slowly make my way to where he's standing.I stand before him and stare down at my feet.The only sound in the room is my sobs.I whimper as he grabs my neck and then slams my back against the wall.He squeezes as I struggle in his hold.His eyes look darker and I think I pushed him too much this time.
"Listen to my words carefully.You will be having my child whether you like it or not.The next time you disobey me you will wish you were dead.The next disobedience from you will also cost your brothers life .Now be a good girl and clean the mess you made up." He says as he squeezes my neck.He releases as I'm about pass out.

I fall to my knees and he walks over to the chair and lights a cigarette.I sob as I clean up the broken dishes and glass.His eyes are on me the entire time.When I'm done he calls someone to take the cart away.He stares at me with dark eyes  and I shrink into myself further.
"Who do you belong to?" He asks and I stare at him.I guess I took too long to answer when he storms over to me and slaps me making me fall.

"Who do you belong to?" He asks again and I don't hesitate this time.
"You." I say as I hold my aching cheek.He bends to my level.
"All I want to do is shower you with everything your heart desires.But you continue to disobey me and fight me.You know I'm the only one you have with the death of your parents and your brother somewhere rotting. Accept me and this life and everything will be better." He says making me cry harder.What did he do to my family?

I feel my hatred for this man grow but I don't show it.He lifts my chin and presses his lips to mine.I see a glint in his eyes
"On second thought would you like to see your brother?" He asks and I'm scared to answer

He pulls me up by my hair making me whimper and drags me out the room.My scalp protests his hold as he walks me out the room.I hold his wrist hoping to lessen the pain as I plead with him.Maids and guards look away from us as he drags me downstairs making me trip over my legs.
"Please Nikolai! Someone help me" nobody does anything as he takes me to the basement.I wrinkle my nose as I smell urine and feces.I see people on the floor of the cells and I can see their will to live gone.We stop Infront of a cell and he steps behind me lifting me head.A man huddles in the corner in dirty rags.He has large gashes on his body.It looks green and discolored like it's infected
"Samuel?" My brother looks up at me and all I see is hate burning in his eyes.

I try to break out of Nikolai's hold to get to him even though the bars separate us.
"Samuel!" I yell happy to see him but also sad by his appearance.He struggles to stand and comes closer.I cry seeing the state he's in.
"Go away you bitch." His words stop my tears and I stare at him confused
"You always know how to ruin shit.First you upset our parents,get them killed and now have me imprisoned.You were always a selfish bitch who thought of noone but yourself." He hisses and then limps to the corner he was seated.

"Samuel I-I didn't know He-He " I sob and he glares at me
"You never think or know shit.Now leave me alone so I can die in peace." He says as he turns his back to me.
I fall to my knees and cry harder.
"I came down here to torture him to prove a point but I didn't have to do anything." Nikolai says as he chuckles.

"I'll still kill him though because no one talks to my woman that way and lives." He says and although Samuel said some hurtful things I still beg Nikolai not to take his life.
"Are you going to listen to me?" I nod and he brushes his lips against mine.
"You know I can never say no to you." He says before pressing his lips firmly on mine.I make sure to kiss him back to calm him from lashing out.

He leads me upstairs from the prison and I trail behind him but he doesn't turn.I won't do anything to get Samuel killed.He said some hurtful things to me but he's still my family.
"Saskia." I glance behind me and see Alina but don't stop when Nikolai tells me to continue walking.

I assumed we were going back to the bedroom but here I am standing in the windowless room again.
"Baby,I gave you a chance and you messed it up in one day.That can't be rewarded."He says as he closes the door.I fall to my knees and curl myself into a ball on the floor and cry myself to sleep