Chapter 26

Nikolai

What the fuck? I get up when the building stops shaking.The room fills with smoke and the fire is spreading.I look down to see Saskia's eyes closed and she's shaking.
"Ahh." I glance over to see Lorenzo lifting Mariana who's bleeding from her leg.I lift Saskia and run into the hallway to escape the heat from the flames and smoke.The sprinklers come on seconds later putting out the smaller flames

I place Saskia on the floor as she  opens her eyes and tries to move away from me "Get away me! What the hell just happened!?" She asks looking around frantic and then yelling at Mariana asking if she's okay.I try to keep back my anger at her not even acknowledging how I'm doing.

"Fuck we have to go Artyom messaged me that him and our men are surrounded we have to go.We're being attacked." Viktor says and we hear gunfire .Everyone in the room is livid.Whoever planned this is bold. I stand and pull my gun out and make sure my knife is still strapped to my leg.Mariana's remaining men check their weapons .

"Put me down Lorenzo it isn't that bad.Tie the wound and pass me my gun." Mariana says clearly annoyed at him.She rips her pencil skirt and cracks her neck.I glimpse the demented woman peaking through the loving image she puts together.I know that look well because I've seen Mariana kill for less. My grandmother trained her well.

"Untie me!" Saskia yells as she wiggles around but I don't trust her to not run and as much as I'm impressed with her new fighting skills I'm trying not to beat her ass.

"Nikolai don't be dumb.Are you going to drag her out as you shoot the men who are trying to kill us.Saskia was trained.Untie her now." I glare at Mariana wanting to cut out her tongue but she holds my glare.Mariana is lucky she's one of the people I can't kill but I can wound her.I smile and she raises a brow.
"Try to fuck with me Nikolai.I dare you." She smiles back.

"We don't have time for this shit." Viktor says as the gun fire gets closer.I pull out my knife and Saskia looks skeptical.I bend to her level and she tries to put some space between us but I pull her back.
"Saskia don't make me leave scars on this beautiful skin of yours." I say but I would never leave permanent marks on her beautiful skin.Her eyes widen and the familiar fear peeks through before she covers it.

"Not if I get to do it first." She smirks and I get hard.I knew I saw something in her I liked.I cut away the wires and she slaps me before standing and taking a gun from Mariana.She points it at me and I raise a brow.I know killers and Saskia is not one of them but I could be wrong.Mariana grabs it.
"We have bigger issues, save that for later." She tells Saskia who lowers her gun.

"I already looked over the layout of the building. There's two stairways on the east and west side.  They both lead to emergency exits.We should split up so they don't catch us." Viktor says knowing he did his homework on the hotel.Thats how we got in here undetected.I message emy men about the plan and instruct then on what I need done when we get outside.

We signal to get ready and me,Viktor,Saskia Mariana,Lorenzo and two guards go to he east.We move down the stairs as fast as we can.We're on the top floor of a 20story building and with Mariana injured it's slowing us down.The stairs  door opens on  the 15th floor and two men start shooting.One man is hit but the second guy hides behind the door.I take this as my chance and run down the steps with Viktor behind me,the second the man comes around the corner to shoot I fire hitting him in the chest before he can pull the trigger.I signal that it's clear and they make their way down.Viktor and Lorenzo drag the dead buddies in to hide in the stairway.

I look over at Saskia and she's visibly shaking while holding the gun.I can't blame her for being scared,it's her first shoot out and if this plan doesn't work there's a chance we won't make it alive.Saskia hasn't fired a shot yet so Lorenzo takes Saskia's gun when he runs out of bullets.Saskia is quiet as she helps Mariana down the steps. We go down the remaining flights shooting seven men along the way.I send a quick message to my men that we're almost to the first floor in case the east exit is already compromised.

We make it to the first floor when we here a shot.
"Fuck!" Lorenzo groans .Viktor fires hitting the man above us.I look over at Lorenzo and he's been shot in his stomach.One of the guards help him up and we open the door as two cars pull up.Saskia follows Mariana to the first car but I pull her back to my chest holding her in place.

"Nikolai let her go!" Mariana says as she signals her two guards.I shoot them in their heads before they can take a step.
"What the fuck Nikolai we don't have time for this shit.Let her go." Mariana yells as she and Lorenzo point their guns.
Saskia fights against my grip and I look at the driver.
"Do it!" He knows what I mean and exit the car with the rag.Saskia punches and hits me harder but I don't budge

"Now Mariana you know you're not in any shape to do shit.You're outnumbered,now get in the car so my men  can take you both to get treated." I end and she presses harder on the trigger.My men point there guns.
"Mariana you might be a part of our family but I will kill anyone who takes her from me again." I say seriously because I'm tired of this shit.Lorenzo stands in between me and her.
"Mariana, retirémonos y reagrupémonos. La recuperaremos más tarde." (Mariana let's stand down and regroup.We'll get her back later) he says and I smirk

"I'd like to see you try " I say and Lorenzo turns to face me.I can't speak Spanish  but I can understabd it thanks to Mariana.My men place Saskia in the car and I get it in after.I close the door and we drive off with Mariana glaring at us

"Fuck!Nikolai did you just challenge Mariana?" Viktor says annoyed but I ignore him as I stare down at Saskia's sleeping form.I'm never loosing you again.