Chapter 8: Precious Gift

Start from the beginning

As they all croon over Jin, no one notices that one of them is completely quiet and staring at Namjoon with pain in her eyes. Everyone has joked that she would be the one that Namjoon eventually falls for, everyone except Namjoon. He's always been quiet. 

She feels jealousy rage through her when Namjoon's phone dings, and he smiles as he looks at the message.

"Is that the mate?" The beta chef asks with a wiggle of his eyebrows.

"Yes." Namjoon answers and quickly texts back.

"Is he ok?" The sous chef asks and tries to peak at the message.

"He's fine." Namjoon mumbles and hides his phone.

"He said that Taehyung kicked him awake. Who's Taehyung?" The beta asks after catching a glance at the phone in Namjoon's hand.

"Our pup." Namjoon answers and places his phone back in his pocket.

"Wow, Kim over here is the one who would scold us if we had our phones with us, but here he is." One of the chefs grins and shakes his head.

"He's six months pregnant with a large alpha pup." Namjoon explains and seasons his pans.

"Oh wow. He's only six months?! I thought he was further along since the baby bump is already so big." The sous chef exclaims in surprise.

"That's why I'm worried." Namjoon mumbles and sighs.

"Did something happen yesterday that caused you to be so frantic?" The owner asks when he sees the alpha's slumped shoulders.

"He threw up then he later passed out from exhaustion while in the bath and almost drowned." Namjoon quietly explains and tries to snap out of his worry.

"Damn. No wonder why you left faster than lightning yesterday." The sous chef mumbles and nods in understanding.

"Keep your phone with you. If anything happens, go home. I understand the worries of having a pregnant mate." The owner smiles then leaves to welcome the guests.

"He'll be ok." Namjoon mutters to himself and prepares his ingredients for the night.

As his work night continues, the alpha cooks up delicious dish one after another. No one could have guessed that he constantly stopped to read the messages the omega would send him. Jin would send him adorable updates about Taehyung and the weather, and Namjoon coos every time he reads a message.

When it is time for his break, he grabs his cigarettes and goes outside. Once he's lighted a cigarette, he calls Jin.

"Hello?" Jin's sweet voice rings over the phone which causes the alpha to smile.

"Hey, Jin." Namjoon softy answers and puffs out smoke.

"How is work going?" Jin asks as he snuggles with Namjoon's pillow.

"It's going well. No crazy incidents yet." The alpha chuckles and wonders what Jin is up to.

"That's good. So, the rain is supposed to be lighter when you drive home, but still be careful because the roads will still be wet." Jin tells Namjoon as he places his phone on speaker and looks at his weather app.

"Thank you for looking after me. It means a lot." Namjoon whispers and looks up at the stormy night sky.

"It's not much compared to what you do for me." Jin mutters and buries his face in the pillow, wanting more of Namjoon's scent.

"It means the world to me. No one has cared enough to tell me to be careful in the rain." The alpha smiles when he hears the omega's soft whine.

"I will always tell you about the weather because I want you to stay safe." Jin softly tells Namjoon as his eyes water up.