Chapter 25 Misunderstandings

Chaeyoung

I won't lie and say my heart didn't leapt a beat when I heard Lisa's voice, and when I heard the concern in her voice when she asked about me, because it did. I think it even threatened to escape my chest when she said she love me, still, but was immediately broken when she said her last words.

I have been panicking the whole time I was listening to their conversation. I would like to leave the room, but my feet won't move. When I thought Genie will pass to me the phone, when Lisa unintentionally told Genie what have been my habits for the past two months, and when Genie was literally shouting at the phone, I was at loss on what to do.

'...you leave her to my care' Genie's angry voice resounded in my mind. What does she mean? Is she really being nice to me all this time because Lisa entrusted me to her? What am I for them? A thing? I suddenly felt anger surge through my whole body.

I strode to the kitchen and filled a glass with champagne, downing it all in one shot.

"Whoaahh, easy there Chaeyoung, what's up?" It is Jennie who saw what I just did.

"Nothing, I just miss the taste of champagne" I lamely reasoned out making her laugh.

"Will you ever miss it's taste when you always makes sure to have a stock in your room?" she asked and I heard a third person sigh behind us.

When I turned around, I saw Genie moving to the table and poured herself a drink.

"Genie, I heard from Jisoo you're not a drinker. Careful, that's your third glass since you returned from your room" Jennie commented and I narrowed my eyes at the newcomer. Third glass? What the hell, she is sure to pass out next if she will drink that now!

"Genie, why not pass to me that glass and stop drinking now? We have to go to work tomorrow still" I tried to converse with her gently.

"Nah, don't worry dear leader, I'll make sure to wake up on time tomorrow and be in good condition for practice tomorrow" she chuckled.

"Now, please excuse me, the girls are challenging me in a game, I'll go and beat them all, wish me luck" she winked and left. It's obvious she's tipsy now.

"You spent more than an hour in her room, she came out 15 minutes earlier than you. Tell me Chaeyoung, what did you two do in her room?" Jennie asked me partly teasing and partly serious.

My mouth fall open realizing what she mean when she smirked. My eyes displayed horror but it was immediately replaced by confusion.

"You green minded brat, Lisa called her and she made me listen to their conversation, that's it!" I replied shaking my head. Unbelievable. And as far as I know, Genie is damn straight!

"Ahh, I thought so, but then, if ever, I won't oppose girl, she's emmm, a trophy" she winked that I had to smack my own head in front of her, to which she laughed at me.

"Genie, is my bestfriend now. And as to what you're thinking, I'm not dumb enough to do the same mistake again" I replied with confidence.

"Okay, If you say so, then shall we go and see what game she's speaking about?" Jennie suggested and I wonder why the drinks are still here when they are all at the living room, my wrong, only a bottle of champagne is here. Does that also mean Genie has been drinking champagne? What's wrong with that girl? I'm supposed to be the one who's mad and not her! I can't still erase the thought that she is just being nice to me because Lisa entrusted me to her.

"Sure we will join" I heard Jennie answer a question I didn't even catch and the next thing I know, she is pulling me to join the circle, actually placing me on Genie's left.