Chapter 37 When the Baby's Hurt

Genie

I wake up with an arm draping on my body while my head is snuggled into something soft. By the mere scent though, I know Chae-unnie is cuddling me and I probably found comfort by her chest.

I can hear her regular soft breathing so I think she is still sleeping. I slowly moved away my head and removed her arm above me before I scooted farther from her

I however groaned from the action because I can feel my back hurts like hell. I lifted my head to see if I woke her up but since she isn't a light sleeper, she is still sleeping peacefully.

I tried to think why I'm feeling like shit and I remembered what happened last night. I sighed. Right. I looked down on myself and was surprised to see that I'm wearing a different cloth now. I reached under to see if my clothes is still on but was frozen to realize I'm only wearing the hoodie on my upper body. The fudge. I grab my watch on the side table, 6am.

I endured the pain and got up slowly, not wanting to wake Chaeyoung. I saw my clothes neatly folded in a chair so I grabbed it and left her room, entering the guest room. I left my clothes there and grabbed a pair of home clothes and my towel before I slowly went down to the bathroom to bath. I have a hard time moving because my back is killing me.

After I'm done, I went to the kitchen and Mom greeted me good morning. She asked if how am I feeling and I told her honestly. There's no point denying the pain when every sway I take makes me flinch. She then helped me sit down and served me breakfast. I said I'd wait for Chae-unnie so we could have breakfast together but she insisted saying I need more rest later on.

I ate while she told me what happened after I passed out. She also apologized for baring me and I said it was okay, though I'm a little embarrassed. That would mean my bestfriend also saw me naked.

I am nearly done when we heard the youngest park yelling from the stairs, actually calling me. She came running down and entered the kitchen worry imprinted in her face. When she saw me however, relief washed over the worry and she run to hug me tight.

I'm sure my face was contorted in pain but I didn't let out a sound. Mom however saw my reaction and screamed her daughter's name.

"Chaeng! Don't squeeze her, she's in pain!" she scolded her.

The daughter immediately let go and bended at my level looking at me, tears brimming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Genie, you scared me. I thought you left" she admitted and a tear fell. I was touched.

"Nah, it's okay, I'm here unnie, don't worry, I'm just suffering from a little back pain, no need to worry" I assured her as I glanced at Mom who is looking at her daughter with an expression I can't read for some reason.

"Gosh, I can't believe I've injured you, I'm really sorry, don't worry, I'll make it up to you and take care of you" she promised.

"That's fine, but unnie, I hate to have to tell you this" I paused and she looked at me nervously. Mom also looked at me.

"You stink" I continued grinning. "I can't believe I who has just painfully took a bath was hugged by someone who has just came out of bed and even has dried drools in her chin" I teased and her eyes widened, automatically lifting a hand to her chin to check.

I laughed followed by Mom and she pouted. She straighten up as she shook her head.

"You're really mean, I can't believe you're hurt yet you still manage to bully me" she sounded hurt but I know she's just pretending.

"Oh, I'm serious though unnie, I don't want a stinky nurse, so please go and take a bath first" I continued teasing and she stormed out the room pouting.