Chapter 23 Troubles and Make-ups

Genie's POV

The scene from the kitchen is seriously giving me a severe headache. Sure I was very mad back there but as soon as I threw myself in my bed, I was surprised how quickly I calmed down, but my head really hurts. Maybe because everyone involved there are all close people to me, my bestfriends after all.

I think I can understand the younger girls' concern now. I'm not oblivious to all their efforts just to earn my trust before I started being close to them. And somehow they are right that my friendship with Chaeyoung unnie looks like sky-rocketed. I think I just have to explain something well to them.

As for Chaeyoung, Jisoo unnie has already given me a heads up. It was actually her who I sought for advice when I noticed the matter. Giving way for others is Chaeyoung's defense mechanism. She won't hesitate to sacrifice her own good if more people will benefit from her decision. Now that I'm calmed, I literally face palmed myself for even including Lisa.

Since my head is throbbing badly, I decided to take a nap and woke up two hours later. When I left my room, I found the younger girls at the kitchen in a serious conversation.

"This has been posted an hour ago, and was spreading quick like wild fire" Jeed's voice is worried.

"Do you think she has seen it already?" Blythe asked.

"I think she did. She is usually online when not at work. What should we do" Jeed replied more worried.

"Did you contact your friend?" Blythe asked.

"Yes, and oh, she has just replied, let me check" Jeed checked the message on her phone.

"What's the matter?" I asked curious. The two both jump up surprised.

"Genie, look, I'm sorry again, please" Jeed immediately approached me and held my arms pleading.

"Alright alright, you guys are forgiven but I think you have to listen to me for a while" I began and sat down. They followed suit, facing me.

"Two years ago, you two proved to be a good friend. You know how hard it is to earn my trust, but you two worked hard, so when you did, I am ready to call you my bestfriends. I want you to know that even if you know a little about my background, it shouldn't trouble you because it's not my history that you're dealing with, but the current me. If you think Chaeyoung got close to me rather quick, which is the truth anyway, you shouldn't feel jealous because as you see, I didn't leave you guys for her. She is an addition to my close circle so I'm hoping you'll be more accepting and be happy I'd found another one to help you guys deal with my unusual behaviours" I tried my best to explain what's in my mind and they listened attentively.

"I don't know what to say, I feel like a fool for being shallow" Jeed shook her head.

"I understand, thank you Genie, but I am greatly hoping what happened won't alter our friendship?" Blythe asked hopefully.

"Jeed, don't be. I understand you. If you feel left out by my actions, then I'm sorry for being inconsiderate. And Blythe, of course not. I want to believe that our friendship is stronger than what people thinks, that it won't be affected by such a mishap" I smiled and saw both of them relax.

"Thank you Genie, again I'm really sorry" Jeed apologized again and stood up approaching me.

She looks like she wanna hug me but she hesitated so I opened my arms and she squeezed me tight. Blythe joined us and I felt as if something heavy has left one of my shoulders.

"Ahhh, we're lucky to have you Genie, can we stay friends forever?" she asked smiling.

"Let's stay friends forever!" I exclaimed and they followed suit. When they pulled away from me, they returned to their seats.