Chapter 3 Final Decision

Genie

We've been practicing a new dance choreography for almost two hours now since I followed my group back but it is evident that I can't focus right now. I've committed errors several times and I can sense that the younger girls are getting impatient.

"Ugh, Genie, what's wrong with you? You keep messing up" Blythe accosted me. I internally laughed because I remembered hearing the same words from Lisa unnie. I began to wonder if all good dancers are used to saying it.

"Genie, are you alright?" Jeed snapped me out of my reverie and I shook my head.

I guess I won't be able to hide it from them anyway. I am not alright and I am bothered. I heard Blythe sigh as they sat down beside me.

"You know that you can always voice out your frustrations and problems to us" Blythe reminded me.

"Come on, spill the tea" Jeed pressed.

"I am worried about Rosé unnie" I started but they raised their eyebrows.

"What about our soon to be leader?" they asked in unison.

"Why did she sign that contract?" I asked. I mean, yeah, I already know her reason, but it's not just enough.

"Huh? Didn't you badly wanted her to join our group? And when we got the chance to meet her, we too began to like her" Jeed asked confused and Blythe nodded agreeing to what our rapper said.

"Didn't you read the rules and regulations?" I asked beginning to be frustrated.

"We did" Blythe answered and as if a realization hit her, she gasped.

"What do you mean, I read it too?" Jeed asked. Usually, this girl is very slow.

"Rule # 9, dating is allowed but only with opposite genders" Blythe quoted.

"So? The problem is?..." Jeed started to ask but finally, the situation downed on her as well, and she was left speechless.

"Yes, you're thinking right. Because she signed the contract, she will have to bring things to an end with Lisa unnie soon" I confirmed.

"But... But...they... She can't do that!" Blythe stuttered.

"Oh my gosh, I feel like I made a great sin by signing that document" Jeed sweared.

"Does she really have to? I mean, that could break them both" Blythe asked and stated a big possibility.

"Yes, because she signed the contract. If she won't adhere to the rule, the punishment is cruel"

"Oh no" Blythe sighed and we all fell silent.

Since we cannot concentrate already with our practice, we decided to call it a day and went home rather early. Yes, 4:30 pm is early, 6 pm is normal, 8 pm is pretty normal, and midnight is late😭

When we arrived, I immediately went to my room feeling tired. Unknowingly, as my face hit my pillow, I fall deep asleep, only to be awoken by someone gently shaking me.

"Genie, it's dinner time, wake up" Blythe whispered.

"Dinner? What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"8 pm" she smiled down at me. What!

"Ugh, I slept for three hours? And here I thought I just slept but you're already waking me up" I admitted and our maknae chuckled.

"We're giving you 15 minutes to do your things. You even slept on your practice clothes UNNIE" she emphasized the word unnie and I slapped her arm. But she was right though. I just nodded and she left my room shaking her head.