"What does it contain, boss?" Morris asked. 

Oliver hummed while holding his chin with his hand. "Freedom."

"Did you want us to travel there?" Max asked.

Oliver shook his head. "No, someone already in the capital may be available to search. Just stay here and train until we have to go back."

The two of them bowed and left the room while Oliver drafted a response to The Raven with the information from the brothers.

"Go back?" Draco had left the couch and was hovering over the desk, his letter crumpled in his hands.

"As I said, Piers will be hasty in taking the throne. I will be called back to celebrate the old king's death." He mused as he looked up to see the handsome face close to his. "I'm sure Rucrean delegates will also be invited."

Draco leaned forward, his breath heating Oliver's cheeks. "Are you suggesting I go as a delegate, so we raid the capital together? Rummage through treasuries like a pair of bandits?"

Oliver didn't pull away but smirked instead. "Sounds exciting, doesn't it?"  

Draco grinned and brushed back the stray hairs that had escaped Oliver's braid. "Well, I know a thing or two about sneaking into the palace." 

His fingers trailed from Oliver's hair down to his jaw and gently clasped his chin. "Just tell me when we go."

Oliver hummed in response, his smile never fading. Since Draco had stayed with him, he had shared tender moments like this, and Oliver had relished every touch. They flirted along the lines of something more but never took that final step.

Draco shifted away but positioned himself against Oliver's desk as he straightened out the creases of his letter.  Oliver reached over and picked up the next letter. He was pleased to see his mother's handwriting, but he bristled when he started to read the letter.

"Timothy..." He called out hesitantly. "Do you know what this letter entails?"

Timothy had long gotten used to the affection between the two men, so he was unperturbed while standing in the same room. His face remained stoic as he bowed his head. "A little, Lord Oliver."

"Damnit," Oliver murmured.

Draco had picked up his cup of tea but faltered when he heard Oliver.  He turned back with a look of concern. "Is there trouble?"

Oliver clicked his tongue. "Nothing dangerous... just annoying."

Timothy coughed lightly behind his hand. "I thought it was a good match."

Oliver rolled his eyes. "You jest." He picked up the quill and started to reply.

"You're declining so easily?"

"I am happy Duke Holt resolved his troubles regarding the Red Wolf Bandits, but I offered my help with no intention of repayment." He said stiffly. 

"But such a reward is—"

"Stop." Oliver interrupted. "I have no desire to marry Duke Holt's son."

A crack startled both men, and they turned their eyes toward Draco.  He was holding a broken teacup in his hand.  He was slightly flustered and apologized quickly. "I didn't pay attention to my grip... you were proposed to?"

Oliver gave Draco a wry smile. "It's nothing to take seriously.  I just helped the Duke with something bothersome, and he overreacted."

He folded up his response and handed it to Timothy. "Send this out immediately.  And if my parents try to bring up marriage again, tell them I'm declining all requests."