Running Up To You

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: I don't think there's need to say, but just in case, you know what song to listen to as reading this, and at what moment. For a better experience ;)

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE REMASTERIZED: It's more like a question. Should I keep the "Y/n" in the imagines? Or would you like to read them with actual names?

3rd Person POV

Every time this was getting bigger, more dangerous, and it was getting out of their hands.

While for the residents of Hawkins it was a murderer who took the lives of Chrissy and Fred, for the party it was something more than some freak pretending to be the new diabolical Ted Bundy.

This something was not even human, they knew it came from their worst nightmare, from the Upside Down. Vecna was the responsible and feared monster, and he was coming for Max.

They just found out a pattern, a pattern that has been affecting Max, and if her theory wasn't wrong, she only had hours before ending up like Fred and Chrissy.

Learning all that worried everyone, but there was someone who felt her would fall and break into pieces.
Y/n.

Y/n loves Max more than anyone, and Max claims Y/n is the love of her life. So hearing that her girlfriend would die at any moment was killing her too. Little by little, minute by minute.

It's true Max has distanced herself from her friends and a bit from Y/n, yet, both knew their love and devotion was still there.
It hasn't been easy for Max after Billy's death, but Y/n was always checking in on her, once in a while sneaking in through Max's bedroom window to comfort her until Morpheus cradled her in his arms. Taking care of her from afar when Max wanted to have some time alone, making sure she gets home, she made her go to therapy with counselor Kelley even if that led them to have a fight.

"I'm not going to any fucking therapy!" Max shouted walking to her room. Thankfully for them, Susan was working late that night, so no one would interrupt their argument

"I'm trying to help you, Max!" Y/n yelled back slamming the door shut behind her, although she was a little calmer

"Help? That's what you call help?! I don't need help 'cause I'm perfectly fine!"

"Goddammit, Max! Everyone sees it but you refuse to see it— You're not okay!" Frustrated, Y/n moved her hands pointing at her ."I know you're going through hard times, I don't know how it feels so I can't say I understand, but I want to. You just won't open up with me, and I saw no other way out than talk to a professional"

"You have no right to control my life, Y/n"

"I am not controlling you, but I have the right to be worried! I'm your fucking girlfriend! That's what girlfriends do!" Hearing that, Max crossed her arms and stopped arguing. "I love you. I can't see the girl I love the most going through pain. I'm sorry if I did something you didn't like, but it's for your own good, I had to try"

Y/n sat on Max's bed sighing, thinking if it was a good idea to have gone to Kelley. It wasn't until she felt Max embracing her from behind, resting her cheek on Y/n's back. "... I guess I can give it a shot"

Lifting her head, Y/n encountered her now calm gaze. They joined their foreheads as Y/n put her hand on Max's cheek. "'ll do anything in my power to get you out of that void you're stuck in. I promise"