Don't Go Breaking My Heart

The further they got from that house, the less the music that reverberated through the neighbourhood was heard. The streets were lit by light poles but none compared to the beauty of the full moon.

Sadie and Y/n were walking hand in hand receiving the cold night air, even so it was not a climate that made them tremble.

"I shouldn't have brought you, it was a bad idea" An upset Y/n said once they were far enough away to hear each other

"It's fine" Respond sincerely trying to calm her down

"No, it's not. We should have stayed" She shook her head "You were right, I'm so sorry—"

"Babe, I said it's fine, I'm not mad" Sadie stopped Y/n from walking "Now, stop apologizing, let's go to my place and if you're not tired we can watch a movie"

Y/n smiled and relaxed under her girl's gaze "Sounds perfect"

Sadie peck her lips quickly, but Y/n kissed her one more time making her grin totally in love.

Hours ago, a colleague from an old job (still in touch) had called Y/n saying they were waiting for her to celebrate her birthday, although the main reason was just to get drunk while dancing and get lovers for one night, so whether she would have gone or not, they would have had the party anyway.
Still she accepted and took her girlfriend with her.

Sadie wasn't sure about it, she proposed staying at home and prepare a dinner only for the two of them, or binge watch Friends as eating junk food or their favorite sweets.
Still, they attended the big gathering, Y/n thought a party wouldn't hurt anyone, besides it was the perfect moment for them to know Sadie properly, even though the two have been together for a year and a couple of moths, but there was a reason. That group of friends was the kind of people that had no aspirations other than to get drunk and live the crazy life from party to party, few of them have had serious relationships or they simply didn't last long being alone when they were already in another relationship.
Y/n was never part of them, not all of them were bad people though, some were kind and fun people. So, more than friends, they were some dudes she would hang out with once or twice a year.

But things didn't go well. One of those guys in the group used to date Y/n but she dumped him for obvious reasons, plus he's the type who thinks that he's unforgettable and that no one breaks up with him, he's the one that breaks up with you, so he told Sadie things to make her feel uncomfortable or doubt about her precious Y/n. All lies or exaggerated facts, like Y/n making out with someone else in front of him, when the reality was that it was an innocent peck after learning he cheated on her with her then best friend.
Not to mention there were two guys who were trying to hit on Sadie the entire night. The moment when everything had already reached its limit was when Sadie went outside to answer a call from her manager and just when she was about to get in the house, one of the two appeared to give her a drink, which she declined. He kept her busy, talking and talking about insignificant things and saying how beautiful she was, at that point Sadie was annoyed by him and his other friend, until he tried to kiss her. That's when she slapped his face catching everyone's attention, at the right time Y/n came out and saw it. To finish things better, Y/n took him by his shoulders and kneed him in his crotch.
The rest of the group apologized for their behaviour, but Y/n was so pissed off that she ignored them and got out of there with Sadie as soon as possible.

And there they are, chatting and strolling down the streets of New York at 2 am. Y/n's arm surrounding Sadie's shoulders as the redhead embraced her girlfriend's waist.
For a moment Y/n got lost in her charming voice, realizing that's the voice she wanted to hear for the rest of her life. Thinking of not having Sadie with her made her fear, she wasn't like any of the partners she's dated before. All of them were toxic couples, destroying her heart, one worse than the other, but not her Sadie. They had problems like a normal relationship, of course, but at the end of the day they would end up fixing their dilemmas together, yet, Y/n carried with her the worry that at any moment Sadie would leave her.