Too Late

Note: In this imagine, the party are between 17-18 years, the older ones like Robin and Steve are between 20 and 23, at the beginning. Then this finished when they've reached 20 and Robin and Steve 24 or 25.

Apparently many of you liked the fact of Y/n being Mike's twin, so it'll be a headcanon in some chapters. This one's for you pssssssycho ;)

This will be long, so be prepared.

3rd Person POV

Y/n was in love with Max, Max was in love with Y/n, they confessed it to each other and started a relationship in 1988. But they started as a secret from the others.
At the beginning was hard, but Max got used to it which was not good news since it was not what Y/n wanted.

Still, the girls remained inseparable, wherever Max was, Y/n was. Wherever Y/n was, Max was. You'd always find them together. Many people said they were like sisters, that they wanted a friendship like that. And from time to time, the party would tease them.

One certain day, when they had only had 3 months of relationship, they were leaving school, beginning their Christmas break going straight to the arcade. Max and Y/n were really close gossiping and speaking in the ear of the other.

"C'mon! Hurry up!" Shouted Mike reaching his bike "You girls are slow like snails!"

"Calm down dude. God, someone is acting like a bitch since El left again" Said Y/n making Max snort

"Mom said don't talk about it" He said pointing at her with a finger

"Mum said don't talk about it" She mimicked him provoking him to roll his eyes "I don't know why you're so mad, you know she'll be back soon"

Y/n got on her bike gaining a middle finger from Mike, but ignoring her brother she had an idea "Hey, Max. Want a ride?" Asked the girl winking at her

Max gladly agreed nodding her head with a huge smile, she put her skateboard in her backpack and sat behind her embracing Y/n's waist

"Max and Y/n are girlfriendsss" Chanted Lucas jokingly

"Na-ah, we are not" Said Max scowling slightly

"No, but you look like" Followed Dustin before starting to pedal following Lucas and Mike

Y/n couldn't pedal cause Max got off the bike and took out her skateboard.

"Wait, I thought we were going on my bike"

"Uhm... Yeah, it's just I felt kind of uncomfortable sitting there" Said Max not pretty sure

"Are you okay?" Asked Y/n a little worried

"Yes... I am, I promise" Giving Y/n a half smile, she followed the guys on her board.

Since then Maxine separated a bit from Y/n. They were still a couple, but people need their personal space, or that's what Max told her every time she refused to hang out with her.