20 | 𝘱𝘶𝘻𝘻𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴

Start from the beginning

"This place is a lot more depressing than I remember it." Neon says as she looks around.

It was only about five pm but it was quite dark, almost as if the store had only one light. The decorations had become more bland and there was very little of them. Only about three people sat in their own booths, this place used to be packed.

"Maybe they're doing bad in business now." I stop looking around.

The happy energy in this store was the only reason I wanted to come here. I sigh and slip into a booth while Neon goes to order, we had discussed what we wanted during the car ride here. I rest my head I. My left hand and boringly look around, my eyes stopping on a certain white figure.

I shoot up from my seat to get a better look, and I was correct. It was Killua. Killua Zoldyck. I rush over to the booth.

"Killua." I say softly, not wanting to scare him.

He looks up and widens his eyes.

"Y/n! Where have you been?! Have you been alright??" He asks.

"I could say the same for you!" I wrap my arms around his figure, bringing him in close.

"What do you mean? I've been holding up fine...I guess. You've had it way worse than me." He releases from the hug and motions for me to sit down.

I slide into the booth and catch up with him.

"I took it pretty bad, but I'm getting better. Slowly." I smile at him.

"That's good. Sorry I missed school today, I heard you came back but I was unavailable today." He scratches his head.

"Aren't you unavailable everyday?" I question him.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Neon told me you haven't been going to school after what happened."

Killua raises an eyebrow. "What would she get out of lying about me? I've been devastated, yeah, but my father wouldn't let me stay home for such a small matter, well that's what he says. I've had full attendance except for today because of some work my father had going on."

I was beyond confused, why would Neon lie to me? They barely even know each other so what's the deal?

"Anyways, it's all good." He stretches and folds his arms behind his head.

Why is he acting so nonchalant about this? Didn't he tell me Gon was his one and only true friend?

"Killua, I'm sorry but why're you so chill about all of this?" He stops what he was doing and stares at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want you to worry. I just know something you don't." He looks away and remains quiet.

"What does that even mean?" Everything about this situation was just so confusing.

Without turning his body, Killua looked out the window then looked back at me.

"Don't you find it strange? Everyone who's become close to you but me and Kurapika has disappeared. At school lately he's been acting super weird, extremely shady."