17 | 𝘤𝘢𝘳 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩

I cringed as my father had just pulled out a very long piece of tape, closing the box shut. That sound has always been annoying.

"Alright, we are done here. Let's get going." He slams the box into the truck and pushes me to the car.

"I'm going, I'm going." I duck under the door frame and lay back in my seat, looking back at my former house whilst twirling a chunk of my hair.

"We'll be fine." My sister reassured me.

She grabs my free hand and rubs circles on it.

"Thank you." I lay my head on her shoulder, annoyed when my brother slams the car door shut.

My father enters the car and starts the car, driving off. No one wanted to sit in the front with him, so the passengers seat was full of smaller boxes that had basic things like soap, chargers, and blankets just in case something happened.

Every now and then I would see the same black car pass, but it didn't bother me. It was kind of fun, like counting how many times it passed and guessing if the next car would be the black car.

"Shit. It wasn't empty earlier." He grumbles as he watches the small bar on the gas slowly go down to Empty.

He switches lanes and pulls into a gas station, it was in a pretty weird location. You don't normally see gas stations in such a secluded area.

"Y/n, can you go pay for the gas." Too scared to ask why or refute, I take the money and head into the gas station.

My dads car had a lot of money so he wouldn't mind me buying a few snacks, right?

Grabbing some things for me and my siblings, I pay for them and pay for the gas. I stuff my hands in the pocket of my hoodie as I look around the gas station.

Chips, juuls, candy, cigarettes, ice real, little claw machines...

I was broken out of my thoughts after I heard a very loud crash come from outside the gas station, the worker and I both turn our attention towards the door. Worried for my families safety, I waste no time dashing towards the door, the cashier following close behind.

"O-oh my-" I let out an unexpected scream as the car, well my car explodes from the gas, killing anyone and everyone inside of it.

My knees become weak, my attempts to run towards the car were useless. My legs give out and I fall to the concrete floor, scraping my knee.

"What happened?!" The cashier yells as he picks me up and brings me back inside.

"M-my families in there!" I intended it to just be a shout, but I started screaming.

My face very moist and full of tears, I embarrassingly wrap my arms around the cashier as he calls the police.

"Y-yes, I am a cashier at Hunter Gas Station and a horrible accident just happened...yes...xxxxx road....a black crossover with the license plate of xxxxx and a gray sedan with the license plate of...I can't see it, it's completely obliterated." He rubs my arm and continues to give the police very specific details.

"Yeah...it was very deadly, theres no way there could be survivors."

I sobbed even louder at his words. Fuck my dad, but my brother and my sister? They don't deserve that. Why is all of this happening to me? Did I do something to deserve this? Why is it just my loved ones, why couldn't it have been me?

The annoyingly happy music placed throughout the speaks of the station while I was on the floor, sobbing in a strangers arms.

-

A/n

Sorry this isn't long, it's literally like one in the morning and I have somewhere to be later☠️

I just wanted to post something so yk

idk

I'm gonna sleep now

this chapters ass