10 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥

⁺✧𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘐 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵⁺✧

The silence was awkward. After the argument the teacher had them quiet down, she had to stay with us for the rest of the period to make sure we didn't start shouting again. I had done most of the work while the two of them awkwardly shared words with the teacher from time to time.

It was now the end of the period and they both wanted to accompany me on the walk to my next class. Kosuke was on my left, and Kurapika was on my right. I didn't dare to say anything incase both of them answered and they started fighting about who was talking to who.

I waved to Kurapika as he had entered his classroom, it was now just Kosuke and I.

"Hey...Kosuke. I know it's a little weird with y'know...trying to be friends with such a character but please try your best to not fight with Kurapika."

He tended up and shuffled around a bit.

"Well- fine. You have my word. Just know I didn't start any of this." He continues to ramble on but I chose not to listen.

We both walk into the classroom and sit at our respective seats. For some reason, Kosuke decided to be extra clingy today and sit next to me. The teacher didn't care that much about who sat where, we just have to answer to attendance.

"So...what are you doing this weekend?" He took his pencil and drew a little smiley face on my paper.

"Nothing, why?"

He took his phone out and shoved it in my face.

"I bought two tickets to this festival but my sister dipped on me! She cancelled to go out with somewhere with her FRIENDS." He shed crocodile tears.

"So what your saying is you want me to go with you?" He looked down/up at my with an extremely dorky smile.

"Yes!!"

I nod and lay back on my chair. "Of course I'll go, I can't leave you hanging after all."

"Thank you!" He shouts, drawing attention.

"Hey...people are looking." I whisper as I squirm away from him.

"The attention is your fault, since you've got me excited for this weekend."

The door slid open, I groaned as I saw it was my teacher.

"Alright, time for the lesson."

My grip on the strap of my bag tightened as a cold shiver ran up my spine. The autumn winds coming in, dominating the sun's warmth.

"Y/N! Wait up!" A familiar voice called out.

I smiled as I turned, recognizing the sweet voice of my blonde friend.

"Hey."

"Hi."

It was quiet, a comfortable quiet. Kurapika and I would always have moments like this. Quiet, awkward moments.

"So, how's school been?" I decided to break the ice.

"It's been fine. What about you?"

"Eh. Could be better."

Ouch, it's quiet again.

"Well, if it isn't you two." A voice joined in, causing Kurapika to exhale and run a hand through his somewhat, long, blonde hair.

Part of me wanted to laugh, but another part of me felt hurt. It was kind of funny, it was obvious Kurapika did not like Kosuke. I was hoping they would become friends tho. I feel like Kurapika should have someone as bright and funny in his life like Kosuke to make him crack a smile at least once a day. Huh...maybe those two should go to the festival together.

"This seems familiar." I whisper to Kosuke as he was once again on my left and Kurapika on the other side.

"Yeah, but like I said I, won't start anything. I don't know about him. Or should I say her." He snorted to himself. He swore he was so funny.

I slapped his forehead and rolled my eyes.

"You aren't funny." My eyes trailed down to his waist.

He once again, had his camera.

"What? Wanna take a picture?"

I nod my head and we stop walking, causing Kurapika to stop a few steps away from us.

He lifts the camera a little higher than us, before he could click it I grab Kurapika's arm and pull him close to me so he was included in the picture. As soon as I heard the click, I left Kosuke's area, Kurapika's arm still linked with mine.

"Hey, I think I'll go to the store before I go home. I'll see you guys tomorrow." With a single wave, he heads off in the opposite direction.

"Ah, we didn't even get to see the picture. What if I looked bad?!" I start to stress.

"But you never look bad."

My eyes widen at his words. A weird, warm feeling rising in my stomach.

He smiled to himself and started to walk, causing me to go with him since our arms were still linked.

He meant it as a friend.

"You too."

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't show her the picture, she would've saw how red Kurapika was, haha.

She also would've saw my camera roll.

a/n

I'm genuinely so sorry it took me so long to write, especially when this chapter is low key kind of short. I think the last time I updated this book with an actual chapter and not just proof reading was back in...October?

Goodness, I don't know what the hell happened but it's safe to say I'm back, the chapters will still just progress a little slowly. I have school, blah blah blah all the sappy sad stuff, the classic "I was busy" stuff but I genuinely don't know what happened in my case

Yeah i was busy but I still had a bunch, LIKE A BUNCH of times where I literally could've wrote like an 800 word chapter and for some reason I just didn't. I don't know if it was me being lazy or I was just uninspired, I wouldn't say uninspired because I had a few ideas for this book

Honestly I don't know, I'm just glad I'm back

And if you see me on like other stories commenting, ESPECIALLY Yelena stories then hi lmao I ran into one of you in a book and that was embarrassing

You were probably like "bitch ain't no way you aren't updating but you're reading a yelena x reader"

Ya ya I'm back, again the updating might be just a tad bit slow but hey I'm back

-rainbow