20 | 𝘱𝘶𝘻𝘻𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴

⁺✧𝘈𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵
𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦⁺✧

⁺✧𝘐𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵⁺✧

"What's ruffled your feathers?" Neon muttered as she continued to sip out of her apple juice carton. "Nervous you're finally going back to school?"

I shake my head. "No, it's not that. When we were at the mall, something happened with Kurapika and it really made me question my worth."

She shot up and got angry. "What did he do to you?!"

"I'll beat his ass if he's done anything!" She shouts in the car, the personal driver looking in the rear view mirror.

"No he didn't do anything, well in a way. Calm down! When I tried in the dress he suddenly went quiet, that could mean a lot of things. He could've thought I was ugly or something."

She sat back down in her seat and scoffed. "Girl, have you even seen yourself? You're gorgeous and if he doesn't see that than I'll beat him up. But it's obvious he likes you."

My face heats up at the thought of him liking me.

"What makes you think that?" I look out the car window.

"He always gets super nervous and defensive around you. Whenever you do something little like smiling at him he always gets super nervous. You must be blind if you don't see him blush from time to time when you're around him." She points out.

I fell silent, the only sound was the tires on the pavement.

"I'm really lucky to have you." I say, looking in her eyes.

"Well of course!" She gives me a big toothy smile.

I really was tho, if it wasn't for her begging her father for me to stay I'd likely be half across the country staying at my aunts, which I really didn't want to do. I hate her. Neon said she would get really angry and she would have a fit if Mr. Nostrade didn't allow me to stay. He gave in and makes sure he treats me like I'm one of his children, making sure Neon doesn't go off the walls. It may not be his true feelings, but it's way better than him treating me like actual shit.

Neon's personal driver pulls up to the school gate and drives us off. I thank the driver and we make our way inside of the school.

"Ah, I'm so tired." I grown to no one in particular.

Kurapika wasn't at school today which made me upset, other than that I was quiet the whole day. I especially tried my best to ignore Hana because I knew she would've just given me a headache. She isn't a bad friend or anything, she just gets very carried away when she talks at times.

We had just now arrived at the Nostrade residence, but I was extremely bored. I had homework I missed out on but I didn't bother doing it. An idea came to mind. I could go visit the graveyard since I haven't in a while and go to that cafe I've been meaning to get back to. They just dropped us off so I wasn't going to ask just yet. I know Neon's going to want to go anyways.

"Neon, do you wanna go to the cafe we went to last time again later? I also have something I need to do." I ask as.

"Of course I do!" With that, neither of us wanted to do our homework so we slacked off.