part 7: nightmare

⚠️nightmare⚠️

Y/n's pov

My parents laid dead in front of me, the gunshots through their skull, I rushed over to them.

"No! No! Please no Mommy daddy please!" I begged for nothing they were dead right before my eyes.
My dad grabbed my arm and pulled me down.

"You distracted us, It's your fault that we are dead" his weak voice said.

I woke up gasping for air, the same nightmare I had in a long time after my parents died.
Sweat was soaking through my shirt I've rented from Scarlett.
I quickly took it off forgetting my bra was in my backpack which was at the shop downstairs, I took it on again and went inside the master bedroom, my mother and father's old room.

I opened their wardrobe and found one of my dad's old jumpers and my mother's old bra's she seemed to be the same cup size as me, thank god I could use that bra instead of getting my own downstairs.
I searched through more of their clothes and found a pair of my mother's shorts.

Down under all their socks and underwear I found a little box wrapped in purple wrapping paper.

"Y/n?" Irene called out, "I'm in the master bedroom" I said holding the box, it had a little note on it.
'Y/n our dearest little girl, this belongs to you' "belongs to me?" I said to myself just above a whisperer.

"What?" Irene's voice said, it gave me a shock so I quickly turned around.
"Oh sorry ehh I found this box from my mother and father" I said in shock both from the shock I got from Irene but also from the box.

"Y/n Honey what you doing up this early  and why are your shirt soaked?" Irene asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing just couldn't sleep" I answered not wanting to answer the last part.
She noodded and started to walk towards the door.

"Irene?" I said after her, she turned around, "do you know anything about this box" I held the box up but Irene shook her head and left.

I opened the wrapping and a red jewellery box  was under the purple wrapping paper. I slowly opened the red jewellery box and inside was my mother's necklace with no note.
I took on the necklace and changed out of my old clothes(except underwear) and into my mother's bra, shorts and my father's jumper.

I went out to the smell of my mother's infamous chocolate pancakes.
"You know how to make my mother's chocolate pancakes?" I said and laughed.

"Uhh yeah wanna taste" I really wanna taste but I don't wanna eat anything I ate so much yesterday.

"No thanks I'm not hungry" I lied, Iied to one of the very few people who actually cared about me.

"Y/n listen to me, I know those shitty fosters are starving you, but it's not healthy can you please eat atleast one or  half please you'll get a free coffee" I looked at her.

"Are you trying to bribe me Irene Whitlock" I stated and laughed right after. Irene bursted out laughing too.

"No come on eat half the pancake and off to school" Irene said smiling, she shoved me a plate with half a pancake on. I started eating it slowly and unsure.

"Irene?" I said out of the sudden, she looked up from a newspaper.
"Yes Y/n" Irene answered.

"I had an nightmare tonight that's why I was up so early" I said staring into nothingness.

"Oh ok" she said "Want to talk about it?" She asked, I got snapped out of my thoughts.
"Sorry what did you say?" I asked rubbing my forehead.

"Do you want to talk about it"  she repeated, I shook my head as an answer.
"OK, are you going to school in that outfit?" Irene asked laughing, I gave her a death stare and nodded.