part 5: Scarlett's house

Y/n's pov

After what felt like hours, Scarlett eventually pulled up at a giant house, I mean I would even say mansion.
Scarlett went quick out of the car and up to the door, I just slowly followed behind like a little duckling going to the water for the first time.
As I arrived inside I hid behind Scarlett.
A man or should I say, Colin Jost, Scarlett's husband, came up to Scarlett and placed a peck on her lips.

"Hey honey, Rose is in her room drawing," he said, suddenly he seemed to notice me hiding behind Scarlett.

"Hello there, I'm Colin Jost and who may you be," he said holding out his hand towards me, I flinched just a little but took his hand into a shake.

"Hello, nice to meet you, Mr. Jost, I'm Y/n Y/l/n," I said politely and let go of his hand.

"She's the new cast member Col," Scarlett said, they were both calm, but I could sense the confusion on Colin's face.

"But aren't she like 15, shouldn't you be at home hun" home is a word I never really liked, I felt tears threatening to leave.

"M-My foster parents aren't home tonight and Scarlett offered I could stay at hers and yours tonight, but if you don't want me to stay I can leave it's totally fine, I wouldn't wanna be a bother anyway," I said panicking slightly, I looked down at my feet as he laid a hand on my shoulder, this was the moment he was gonna tell me to leave, I'm nearly sure.

"Oh Y/n I wouldn't, I was just confused why you were here instead of your house, you would never be a bother to me or Scarlett, and probably not the little energy bomb that's in her room," he said, I looked up at him meeting his blue eyes with my e/c eyes
Suddenly the door from the living room and the sound of small feet running filled the room.

"Speaking of the devil" Colin stated and laughed, "Mommy!!!!!" A little girl probably around the age of five squealed, Scarlett laughed and picked the girl up placing her on her hip.

"Rose this is Y/n, she's staying over for the night," Scarlett said and pointed towards me.

"Hi, Y/n I'm Rose," the little girl said shy,
"Hmm Rose is a nice name, did you know roses are my favorite flowers?" I started making the little girls' face light up with happiness.

"Mommy, can I show Y/n my room please?" The little one begged her mother for allowance to show me her room.

"Have you asked Y/n if she wants to see your room?" Scarlett said placing Rose on the floor. Rose practically ran over to me, so I crouched down to her height.

"Y/n would you like to see my room?" The little Rose had her hands behind her back, trying to look as innocent as possible.

"Yes Rose I would love to see your room, I'm sure it's as pretty as you," I said and ruffled her hair, Rose practically jumped up and down from the excitement, she wrapped her tiny little arms around my neck. I lifted her holding on arm under her bum, I looked over to Scarlett and Colin who were staring at each other like a miracle just happened before their eyes.

"What?" I asked genuinely confused, "Rose n-normally don't like new people," Scarlett said amused at the sight of her daughter and me.

"But I like y/n!" Rose's tiny voice sassed back at her mother causing her to break down in laughter.

"Y/n can I have a piggyback ride to my room?" Rose asked politely, "Well since you asked so nicely let's go!" I said a little more excited than I should be.
I got Rose down from my torso and she jumped up onto a chair.
I turned my back and crouched a little so she could jump onto my back.
When Rose was on my back I heard a lot of awe coming from her mother and step-dad or dad in heart doesn't matter.