Bonded

August POV

Flashback to chapter ten "Good Boy"

He was so graceful. The fast yet smooth movements he made left me in awe. Was he always this...beautiful? My hand sat on the top of his head as he moved up and down taking me in deeper. I groan escaped my lips without me realizing. His dark curly hair grazed my thighs as I ran my hands through it. I felt the heat building in the bottom of my stomach slowly. The smell of his sweet pheromones filled the car making me lose my head. I couldn't even think straight. All I saw was that beautiful boy on his knees in front of me. I pushed his head deeper making him gag slightly as I came and fell back in the seat, my chest heaving up and down. I ran a hand down my face coving my eyes for a second. Damn it. I have to stop. I can't keep doing this shit with him. I took my hand away from my eyes to tell him to get up and find another way home but as soon as I looked in those eyes I couldn't help it. "Those idiots are going to have to find a new way home. We are going together...alone."

He seemed shocked for a second before he slowly nodded. He pushed himself up from the floor and opened the car door basically falling out. A chuckle slipped past my lips as I watched him stumble trying to catch himself. I got out as well moving myself to the other side of the car. "Get in, Princess." He quickly got into the car without a word. We had barely started to drive when I could see how nervous he was. A smirk tugged at the corners of my mouth. This is going to be fun.

After the hospital scene in "I did that"

The tears ran down my face at a steady pace. I tried to bite them back but as soon...as soon as he confessed to...hurting himself I couldn't do it. It was fun. That was what I told myself over and over and over. It was fun to mess around with him. It was fun to hit him. It was all just...fun. I just...I never thought that I could be capable of doing that to someone. That I was capable of driving someone to the point of doing that. I placed my hand over my mouth trying to comprehend all of what I've just heard. I never knew his life was like that. I never had any idea that he was being an entire adult at 17. That he was working so much that he didn't sleep for days just to be able to feed his sister.

As the thoughts ran around my head I had this...pain. This pain that kept getting worse and worse as it crept up my chest making it hard to breath. My breathing became labored and I clutched at my chest holding onto the side of the hospital for support. I fumbled around in my pockets pulling my phone out clicking on my brothers name. It only took 2 rings for him to pick up the phone. Always so reliable. "Hey what's up! I was just thinking about calling you!" It became harder and harder for me to breath. "Sage...help." I heard quick movements on the other side of the phone before he spoke again. "Where are you?!" I fell against the side of the building sliding down slowly. "Outside...the hospital." He asked me more questions but I had dropped my phone away from my ear. I tried to control my breathing but nothing helped. Nothing...

Sweet. Vanilla. Cinnamon. A wave of relief flooded over me as I smelt those familiar pheromones. I looked around trying to find Luis but there stood his sister. Val , if I remember correctly. She held out a shirt towards me. I gave her a confused look before she huffed and threw it at me. As I touched the shirt I felt even more calm. "It's Luis's. He won't miss it. Keep it." She began to walk away. "Wait!...why?" She scoffed and gave me the look of "are you really that stupid". "Because anyone can see that you two have bonded over a mile away. Both of you are just to stubborn to admit you have feelings for each other. Oh, and the fact that Luis hates you." With that she walked away leaving me there holding the shirt tightly. I took another deep breath in and finally that feeling of uneasiness disappeared.

Bonded. No way in hell did we bond. I mean we just started to mess around a week ago. I tired to push the thought to the back of my mind but every time I got just a small whiff of that sweet scent I couldn't help think about it. Was she right? Did we actually bond? Bonding isn't even common. People who bond are usually those with such a deep love for each other that they can't look past it. Luckily I was brought out of my thoughts by a light hold on my shoulder. "August! Are you ok?!" Sage pulled me into a tight hug. I nodded against his shoulder and he sighed in relief. "What happened?! Why are you at the hospital in the first place?" He looked me in the eyes and I stared back. "Do you think it's possible..." he raised an eyebrow at me. "What's possible?" I swallowed hard. "Do you think it's possible that I bonded with someone?" His eyes widened. "What?" I began to speak again but he cut me off and ushered me over to the car opening the door and pushing me down onto the passenger seat.

He pulled his door shut and began to drive pulling away from the sidewalk. "I don't think you bonded with someone. It's rare." I nodded. I thought that same thing. "But...what made you think that?" I looked over to him and then back down at the shirt I was still holding onto. "It hurt. I basically got rejected and then I walked away but then it began to hurt. My chest hurt so much that I couldn't breath. The only thing that calmed me down was..." I tightened my grip on Luis's shirt. I could see Sage glance down at what I was holding. He sucked in a deep breath. "August...how about we talk to mom about this." I shook my head. "Moms not home." Sage had a moment of realization. "Oh yeah...ok listen to me then. How long have you known this person?" "A couple years." He nodded. "How long have you liked them?" My head shot up. Liked him? I never...do I like Luis? "I don't know." He sighed. "Usually when the only thing that can clam you down is that one person's pheromones that can mean 1 of 2 things. 1, you like them. Like a lot. And 2, you've bonded. It's almost always the first option."

I turned my head and laid it against the cool window. Fuck...I think...I like Luis. Do I deserve to like him though? I have treated him like shit for years. Why now do I realize I like him? Why...

—————————————————————————
Hello!!! This chapter was a tad bit longer than previous ones! Hope you are enjoy the story so far! Bye for now lovelies <3