Chapter 006

Chapter 06

The silence in the living room lasted for five seconds. Then Chen Shiming’s gaze swept over Chen Qizhao’s body and he cautiously asked, “Sleepwalking?”

Chen Qizhao, “……”

The two of them didn’t speak to each other anymore. The living room was so quiet that the housekeeper in the vicinity couldn’t help looking back and forth between the faces of the two men. It was as if he was ready to encounter the scene of an argument a few seconds later.

Chen Qizhao was about to open his mouth again when Chen Shiming came out with a light sentence, ‘It seems that you aren’t sleepwalking.”

He finished speaking and added, “The last time you called me this was four years ago. You asked me to buy limited edition shoes with pocket money.”

Chen Qizhao sat down with a blank expression on the other sofa. He closed his eyes slightly and said, “Are you disappointed that I’m not sleepwalking?”

Chen Shiming’s eyes were on the document. Once he heard these words, he just said, “It is okay.”

Chen Qizhao didn’t look at Chen Qizhao again. He placed the pills on the living room table and picked out the painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicine.

Zhang Yazhi probably didn’t know enough about her oldest son and he actually believed her words. Chen Shiming had a critical eye. He never spoke mercilessly and wasn’t easy to talk to. Chen Qizhao still remembered that later when he went to college, he and a classmate from his major had the sudden idea of setting up a studio. He made a slip of the mouth at the table and Chen Shiming asked him about the planning and technology. After a few words, he criticized Chen Qizhao’s idea as worthless and the two of them argued on the spot.

It was never easy to talk to Chen Shiming. He thought about this and was also pondering on other ideas in his heart when he heard a voice in his ear.

Chen Shiming told him, “Send me the document.”

Chen Qizhao paused and turned to look at him.

Chen Shiming still maintained his posture of reading the document without moving, but he seemed to know Chen Qizhao’s doubts. He continued, “If you want me to help you look at it, you at least have to send something over first, right?”

The atmosphere seemed to stagnant for a brief moment before silently moving forward.

Chen Qizhao withdrew his gaze. He broke open the shell of the anti-inflammatory medicine and said in a somewhat unnatural tone, “Then I will send it to you later.”

Chen Shiming glanced at the boy beside him. This person was wearing pajamas and the medical gauze on his arm was still noticeable. Chen Qizhao had never spoken so politely. His words had always been direct and demanding. Chen Qizhao had less aggressive energy when he didn’t speak. It was always good for him to be obedient.

Chen Shiming continued to read the document. “Since you want to try your hand at a project, you should receive light snacks and do it.”

The housekeeper thoughtfully brought over hot porridge. Chen Qizhao stirred the porridge and turned on his mobile phone.

He heard these words and Zhang Yazhi’s advice of ‘be obedient’ seemed to come to mind. He controlled his tone. “Oh, okay.”

Chen Shiming was feeling a bit satisfied when he suddenly heard a series of text message notifications.

The sound burst out in the slightly quiet living room.

Chen Qizhao lowered his head.

The phone that had just been turned on lit up with numerous text messages, all of which were reminders of missed calls. During the time when he slept and turned off the phone, someone had called him at least 20 times in a row.