𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟹꧂

꧁꧂
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟹꧂

...

The Crème Republic stirred as the citizens continued their daily lives.
It was the elders that felt troubled.
Baumkuchen was notified by a lady called Light Cream that Custard had been smashed into a wall and the Consul was nowhere to be found.
This led all the elders to Mansion Custard, where Custard was unconscious and impaled to the wall. Someone had came here and attacked, most like swiping the Consul away too.

Now, the Elders were in a panic as the citizens were now constantly asking where the Consul was.

Out of all of them, Captain Caviar was almost the least bothered, which wasn't confusing to most of the Elders...Well, maybe Mulled Juice had a different opinion.

"Captain Caviar...You seem awfully...Unbothered...Has the time you spent with the Consul meant nothing?"
Mulled Juice asked out, only for Caviar to grin.
"Ahahaha! Now ya all are worrying? Clearly something was wrong with the Consul and Custard!"
Caviar laughed out.
Mulled Juice looked at him, shocked and horrified.
"What on earthbread do you mean? The fact the Consul got kidnapped is bad enough! What was wrong?"
Mulled Juice asked, puzzled.
Captain Caviar laughed louder, irony laced his voice.
"So ya wanna know? You fool! But whatever, I'll tell ya!"

꧁𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚋𝚢 𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙲𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚊𝚛꧂
Captain Caviar was in Mansion Custard.
Custard had called him to discuss something.
Thankfully, the discussion was over and Captain Caviar could leave already.
"Aye. Where's the Consul? I heard he was living with ya. Yet I never saw him once,"
Captain Caviar questioned Custard.
"Ah...Clotted Cream is...Tending to some business..."
Custard quickly answered.
Captain Caviar blinked.
Custard seemed so unsure and worried. He was avoiding eye contact, and seemed to avoid the topic of Clotted Cream.
Captain Caviar would normally try to dig further, but he didn't bother.
"Mhm. Kay,"
Captain Caviar simply nodded as he walked off, Custard leaving too, most likely assuming Caviar was done and over.
The moment Caviar noticed that Custard's office door slammed shut, he got ready to leave.
It's not like he could wander about Mansion Custard freely, Custard would probably have him thrown out anyways. So Caviar didn't bother at first, lest he ran into the Consul himself.
But yet...Heh. Screw it. I'm walking around this place.
Captain Caviar thought as he walked through Mansion Custard.
Custard was probably filthy rich, seeing how big this damn thing was.
This would only make his task harder in a sense.
As he sneaked up the stairs, he kept a look out if he could see anything that stood out.
Perhaps ages have passed, Caviar still didn't find anything. Seeing how deserted the place seemed, he assumed the Consul was gone, and was quite ready to leave until he noticed something.

A familiar ribbon. It was sticking out from the turn of the wall as it flapped about occasionally.

So that was where the Consul was.

Captain Caviar approached the ribbon. Now that he was closer, he could almost hear sobbing.
It was well muffled. Was the Consul crying? Well, he might be so stressed he cried. Caviar can't blame him.

Clotted Cream was busy sobbing his heart out until he heard something.
Footsteps. Was it Custard? Oh sh$t...
Clotted Cream tried to muffle his crying as he tried to silence himself.

Captain Caviar peered over the wall to be greeted by Clotted Cream. His eyes met the Consul's as he looked at the younger man in silence while Clotted Cream flinched in fear.