𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟺

꧁꧂
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟺

...

Today was odd.
Clotted Cream never showed up outside today. And he had agreed to meet Siri that morning to chat a little.
Nevermind that.
Siri wondered.
People always changed plans with him, didn't they? If he went through that once, he could surely do so again right?
So Siri found them-self walking about the Crème Republic aimlessly. There were children frolicking about, laughing merrily. People of all ages waking through the streets...Buildings of all sorts and all colours were everywhere. They were all so beautiful.
Siri never liked playing with children. He liked kids...But they seemed to run away from him.
It just so happened they were walking pat and someone grabbed onto their skirt.
"Eep-!"
Siri yelped in shock and jerked back to be greeted by the playful face of a young child.
"Hello pretty lady! Can you play with me?"
The young child asked as a couple other kids watched form behind.
Despite the fact that Siri didn't actually like the pronouns she/her...They did use the term 'Miss' on himself occasionally...They were fine with anything, just they didn't enjoy she/her that much. So he agreed to play with them. He didn't have the heart to turn done a child anyways.
"Hooray!"
The child cheered as Siri was pulled into the group of kids, they persuading him to play tag with them, as Siri chased them about the town square rapidly.
They remembered playing with children when they were younger...And this was enjoyable.
They remembered how they would play with their friend all the time in a swimming pool. How their mother was suddenly called up by their father to do something.
"Thank you pretty lady! We need to go now!"
One of the child said, as they broke Siri out of his thoughts. Siri nodded, still partially trapped in their daze as they sighed.
They were about to turn and leave when someone bumped into them.
"Ah! My apologies Miss!"
The person said as Siri glanced up, realising that it was one of the Elders. Mulled Juice.
"A-Ah...I actually don't exactly enjoy using she/her all too much,"
Siri briefly said in their panic, part of them in a frenzy out of fear of being discovered and talking to an adult.
"Ah! I'm extremely sorry. I assumed you were female from your attire. I don't recognise you. May I know who you are?"
Mulled Juice quickly apologised before asking, adding to Siri's worry.
"Ah..No problem. I'm simply a new resident here...I came here about four days ago..."
Siri quickly said to Mulled Juice, his face slightly dotted with sweat.
Mulled Juice nodded. He thought they were an adult due to how tall they were. However, hearing their voice, he realised they were probably much younger.
"Ah! I new resident...Good to meet you. I'm Mulled Juice! Would you like a tour by any chance? Our young Consul is...Unfortunately not present today,"
Mulled Juice greeted.
"Ah...A tour isn't necessary...You may address me as Siri I suppose,"
Siri croaked.
"Ah. How about I treat you to drink then? Mainly to make up for misgendering you,"
Mulled Juice offered to Siri.
Siri had no reason to refuse, and saw no reason why they should refuse.
"Mhm...I suppose why not,"
Siri answered, feeling bad after seeing how desperate Mulled juice appeared. Mulled Juice have them a smile and nodded, as he swished the drink in his hand about in the glass.
"Great! I know a good cafe here,"
Mulled Juice stated as he led Siri away.

꧁𝙰𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚏𝚎...꧂
Siri sipped the frappe contently, enjoying the sweet chocolate flavour as Mulled Juice drank...Well, juice.
"By any chance, may I know how old you are?"
Mulled Juice asked out.
"Ah...I'm 13...Why?"
Siri answered, biting their tongue.
"Ah. I thought you were older. Some older people have quite high pitched voices they sound like children. I thought that was the case for you since you seemed awfully mature for someone who claims they're 13,"
Mulled Juice stated as he glanced at the person. Siri nodded. Mulled Juice was quite polite. He had been questioned before about their actual age as many assumed he was older. It was quite annoying when that happened to them. Siri didn't like people so much for that. Mulled Juice was alright though. They wouldn't mind talking to adults or people should they be like Mulled Juice.
Mulled Juice was enjoying every moment of talking to this child. They knew quite a bit of politics somehow, and it interested him.
Siri was enjoying this to a bit. But...They wanted to ask something however.
"...Mulled Juice. May I ask something?"
Siri asked out to the man.
"Of course! Ask me anything!"
Mulled Juice laughed joyfully.
"About Clotted Cream...I came to visit him...And we agreed to meet today...What happened to him?"
Siri asked out. Mulled Juice bit his lip.
"That...I cannot answer. Today I saw Custard taking him to his mansion...He said he had business,"
Mulled Juice answered briefly.
"Okay...What about the Lower City? Has the Convocation of Elders decided anything? Why not give those people actual jobs? Many of them have potential!"
Siri suddenly shit up from their seat, Mulled Juice looking increasingly more worried.
"I've tried speaking to Custard about it, but he said nevermind. He said it was pointless... I tried to change his mind but he was as stubborn as a mule..,"
Mulled Juice admitted as he looked depressed upon thinking of an answer. Siri nodded.
"I see...I apologise if I mentioned anything sensitive," Siri apologised to Mulled Juice as they sat back down.
Mulled Juice sighed.
"It's alright...It's okay to be curious...I'm sorry,"
Mulled Juice apologised.
"What? Why?"
Siri questioned as they shot up again.
"No...It's because you look like someone who is scared to ask questions...You're 13 aren't you? Kids your age normally should be flooding us with questions...But you aren't..."
Mulled Juice briefly explained. Siri bit their lip in shock as they avoided Mulled Juice's eyes. They felt ashamed hearing him. They hated adults...They hated adults...They really did. But for one to seem to understand them...It was tempting to say more. But they stopped. They didn't want to speak. What if they got scolded? Was it truly their fault? Was it their fault for liking to speak? To share their opinion?
It didn't matter now.
"Well, I better get going. See you another day Siri,"
Mulled Juice got out his seat and paid the bill quickly.
"...Goodbye,"
Siri quickly uttered before they stood up and left, making sure that the bill was paid in full.

On their way home, Siri felt himself swell with grief. They never felt patently love after that deciders to be free. They had Mocha...Wasn't he enough? But they just wanted parents...No no...They were being selfish again. They shouldn't want so much. They were being ungrateful.
That was they thought. As they rushed home, they quickly entered and headed off to the bath, ignoring their empty stomach...

...

꧁꧂

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟺