𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟷

꧁꧂
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟷

...

Siri couldn't sleep.
It was now 5am.
They had wasted almost two hours tossing and turning. They couldn't sleep somehow. Their mind was too clouded.
If that was how it was, they might as well wake up now.
Siri slid out the sheets and headed to the small bathroom. They decided to treat them-self to a bath. They deserved good things to.
So they filled the tub with lukewarm water and plopped them-self in. It was very comfortable as they felt the warm water against their bare skin.
It was nice to have baths.

But too long wasn't good for them, and they eventually had to get out as they took their set of undergarments and wore them.
They slid into their black dress and hung their necktie around their neck, soon tightening it and straightening it.
They couro have breakfast, it was only 6:30am after all. But they had no appetite. Their stomach felt nothing as they had not a single urge to eat anything. They might as well get ready to work now.

Their bigger issue was, how they would get information from the Crème Republic.
They could always sneak in, but it was risky. If they could just pretend to be someone...

꧁𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂
Siri found them-self questioning what to do. They could pretend to be a servant, but servants weren't allowed in meeting rooms, and if they were caught snooping around any room with important info, they could be in danger.
They needed someway...Somehow..!

"Eh..?"
They gasped a little as they heard something.
Sniffling and a series of small muttering noises. They walked from the wall and ran to the corner, turning their head to be greeted by someone familiar.
Perfect hair...white suit...A cloak of light...
Consul Clotted Cream!
His ribbons were shielding his face as he appeared to be crying. Siri could hear him sob now that they were closer.

Despite how awkward it would be to suddenly approach someone like that, they decided to do so anyways.

"Good afternoon...What's the matter?"
They asked out as they gently shook Clotted Cream's shoulder.
"G-GAH!"
He yelped in shock as he instantly backed away, his ribbons loosening and going into a defensive position, revealing his face.
His cheeks were bruised as he panicked, letting loose upon releasing it was just a stranger.
"Why good afternoon! How may I help you?"
Clotted Crema instantly switched sides as he got to his knees and glanced at Siri. Tear marks stained his face as he covered his cheeks with his hands.
"I...Why were you crying?"
Siri asked out, being a little direct.
"Crying? N-Nonsense! I wasn't crying!"
Clotted Cream instantly panicked.
"I can tell you were. Don't lie to me,"
Siri mentioned sternly.
Clotted Cream looked at the child, a difficult look in his face as he couple slump against the wall and sit down, hugging his knees close before he started to sob again.
"I failed...I failed him...This is just discipline...I shouldn't be crying over this..."
Clotted Cream explained in between his sobs. Discipline? Hitting a man and calling it discipline? This wasn't discipline...
That's when Siri saw an opportunity.
It was risky, but they could do it. They've done it before, surely they could do it again.
"Hey. Why not I initiate a deal with you?"
Siri asked, talking this as a chance.
"A...A deal?"
Clotted Cream asked out.
"Mhm-mhm. I'll take your place for a day, and you'll stay in my home for a day to. I'll do this with you every two three days. At the end of the day, I'll inform you what you were supposed to do and let you catch up,"
Siri explained carefully. Clotted Cream seemed hesitant.
"No no...What if my father finds out? We'll both be in trouble if so...And it's wrong of me to skip work and give it to someone else,"
Clotted Cream started to argue back, being clear and evident points.
"I see...I'll pay you then,"
Siri claimed. Clotted Cream jumped a little.
"B-But still-"
Clotted Cream tried to argue more only for something soft and feathery to be wrapped around him as Siri pulled out a handkerchief and wiped his tears.
"It'll be better for you. Trust me. I won't let myself get caught. For your sake, and my sake,"
Siri promised this to the man, taking out a small box form their pocket and putting it in his hand.
"...R-Really..?"
"Really. I can start now if you wish,"
Siri said as Clotted Cream glanced them in the eye.
Clotted Cream bit his lip.
"I...May we start this tomorrow..? I need time to think...But I'll bring you a set of my clothes..!"
Clotted Cream said.
"Very well then. I'll come see you this night right here,"
Siri stated as Clotted Cream nodded.

𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝...

Siri thought, satisfied with what they could do now. However, they had a change in plans. They called Pomegranate.
"Good afternoon Pomegranate. I have good news, but also a change in plans,"
Siri stated into the device.
"Oh? What have you boldly decided?"
Pomegranate asked.
"I found a way to get concrete information from the Crème Republic...But at the end of the days I am here, I would like to request for something,"
Siri answered.
"And what is that?"
Pomegranate chimed.

...

"I might be bringing someone back with me,"
Siri answered coldly.
"Mhm. Do what you want,"
Pomegranate said before hanging up.
Siri sighed a little as they sat in their dwelling in silence. They would meet Clotted Cream again later night.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂
The time has come. Siri rested against the wall, awaiting Clotted Cream's arrival. Eventually, the man showed up.
"Good evening Clotted Cream,"
Siri greeted.
"Good evening...Uh..."
"Siri,"
"Ah..! Good evening Siri,"
Clotted Cream greeted after fumbling on what to address the child.
"Mhm. Have you made up your mind yet?"
Siri queried as they glanced at Clotted Cream.
"Why...Yes..."
Clotted Cream said as he handed them something in a bag. They opened it and peered inside to be greeted by a suit. It was an exact replica of Clotted Cream's attire.
"Mhm. So you agree?"
Siri looked up and asked.
"...Yes..."
Clotted Cream confirmed.
"Mhm. Excellent. But I should first show you where I live. We can't have two Clotted Cream's around. One of us has to stay inside somewhere else,"
Siri stated as they took the man's hand before leading him to where they lived.

Tap tap tap tap tap...

Their shoes clacked against the stone tiles as the door sat in front of them. Siri took the spare key and dropped it into Clotted Cream's hand.
"This is where I live at the moment. I chose the lower city cause it isn't as crowded. It's also a better option for you,"
Siri stated as they unlocked the door and showed Clotted Cream the interior.
"If you wish, I'll swap with you tonight. I can find my way around House Custard easily,"
Siri claimed they altered their appearance a little, making them-self look exactly like Clotted Cream.
"I...Alright then,"
Clotted Cream agreed as he took off his cloak and handed it to Siri, who slid off their mask and gave him a light reassuring smile.
"Well, I'll see you. Don't leave this house until tomorrow night. Alright? The bathroom is on the second floor. Everything will instantly alter too suit you. You can find an extra towel and toothbrush underneath the sink,"
Siri stated before leaving as Clotted Cream.
The real Clotted Cream nodded, a little shocked to hear his voice through someone else as he waved goodbye to the stranger he had met. They were a little odd...But it was alright. What matter now was what he could do...

꧁𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚒꧂
Siri stepped into House Custard, which was also where Clotted Cream and Custard stayed.
"Good evening,"
Siri greeted the servants, which was something Clotted Cream often did after he entered House Custard. They greeted them back as Siri headed to Clotted Cream's room.
His room was rather large as a table sat towards the window, as several stacks of paperwork had been left on it.
"Mhm...Well I better get to work now,"
Siri stated to them-self as they started on work.
Using their magic, they found out exactly how Clotted Cream would do it. Copying his handwriting, they manage to get quite a bit done. This was the normal amount Clotted Cream did in a time period of three hours.

Siri glanced out the window and sighed.
They secretly hoped to be able to get this over with...

...

꧁꧂

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟷