꧂𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟸

꧁꧂

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 ꧂𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟸
...

Siri stumbled into their chamber to be greeted by not only Mocha, but Clotted Cream asleep.
They sighed in relief as they went over to Mocha and hugged him.
"Mhm...What happened,"
Mocha asked out.
Siri bit their lip.
"I...I got into trouble...Aha...I stole the soul jams..."
Siri answered.
Mocha normally would approve of this and encourage it, until he realised that Siri had gotten injured in the process of doing this.
"I...I see...That's pretty stupid of you,"
Mocha muttered as he let go of Siri who walked off for a moment to glance outside.
"It was...I just acted on impulse..."
Siri muttered as they placed their hand on the glass, peering outside into the blood red sky as the clouds were dyed light crimson.
Mocha peered in Siri's direction, before leaving them alone for a bit.

꧁𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔꧂
"Good afternoon...Chocolate Ice Cream,"
Dark Enchantress greeted as she looked at the shorter man, who stared up at her with bated breath.
"Good afternoon...Master Dark Enchantress..."
Siri greeted back, their voice cracking towards the end as they coughed a little.
"I heard you ran off...Without permission...And stole something...What was that something you stole?"
Dark Enchantress asked as she pointed at the chest strapped on Siri's back.
Siri yelped, but took it down and opened it, revealing the three soul jams inside.
"Mhm...And how did this...Theft go?"
Dark Enchantress asked out.
"I...I managed to retrieve the soul jams...And no one knew who I truly was other than the fact I was a copy of Clotted Cream..."
Siri blurted out as Dark Enchantress studied the three soul jams.
"Well. We have no use for these...Since we already have that replica...So you keep them. Now. We must discuss something else,"
Dark Enchantress threw the three crystals to Siri before circling the room, walking around the young man as he chin was held high.
Siri bit their lip as they tried to keep their composure.
"So you stole the soul jams..."
"...Correct,"
"And were you aware about the stakes? Should you have failed?"
Dark Enchantress asked.
Siri nodded slightly.
"I...I was aware...To me...It wasn't that high even if I was captured-"
"NONSENSE!"
Dark Enchantress ordered as she slammed her shoe into the ground, her voice almost made the room shake as Siri cowered at this.
"You kind, soft-hearted celestial fool...Should you have been lost...We would have lost another valuable asset!"
Dark Enchantress spat as Siri trembled.
"But in the end..! You're to emotionally numb to understand this! You're selfless...BUT SHOULD YOU HAVE FAILED, WE COULD FORGET ABOUT MOVING FORWARD!"
Dark Enchantress quickly added, snapping at Siri as he simple shook, unable to comprehend these feelings.
Dark Enchantress's tone soon softened as she took a couple breaths, before taking Siri's hands and holding them gently.
"My child...You are one of the youngest here...A little older than Poison Mushroom...Yet you are a valuable asset...Should we have lost you, we would not be able to move forward. Do not take such risks again child. Lest it's with my consent and agreement. Understood?"
Dark Enchantress said, as Siri simply shook.
"Mhm. Blink once if yes and twice if no,"
Dark Enchantress quickly added.
Siri blinked once.
"Good. It's late. Stay here for the night and get proper rest. It's been ages since I last saw you sleep,"
Dark Enchantress remarked as she set Siri down on a velvet lined sofa, before vanishing elsewhere.
Siri sat there with batted breath.
Dark Enchantress sees everything...So they better obey lest they want to be chained down again.
So Siri went to sleep.

꧁𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔꧂
Siri set the soul jams down in the glass dome before closing it and chaining it shut. Mocha sat aside.
"Have you eaten yet?"
Mocha asked.
"...And if I say no?"
Siri questioned.
"Then I'll ask you to eat,"
Mocha answered back.
"...No. I haven't eaten yet..."
"Not since morning? No breakfast?"
"...Yes..."
"Then go eat something,"
Mocha reminded.
"No,"
Siri quickly answered back, careful not to be to loud to wake Clotted Cream up.
"Why not?"
Mocha asked.
"I have more important things...We need to get Clotted Cream a healer. Those injuries could kill him if an infection sets in. And he's valuable as an asset and a friend,"
Siri answered as they fiddled with a strand of hair. Mocha bit his lip.
"Okay then...At least eat proper meals when you do eat then. It's not good for you,"
Mocha relented as Siri simply stood there, as if trapped in a daze.
Their mind still reeled of the ten days they were at the Crème Republic.
That encounter with Captain Caviar still scared them a little...But being forced to sit near Custard for the meetings was the worst. They had to literally hold back the urge to smash the man's face repeatedly into the table.
They looked at the sleeping Clotted Cream and bit their lip once more.
He was still heavily injured. Wounds the didn't know if their magic could heal even in small amounts.
Pomegranate's help would have been greatly appreciated...But after what she did, Siri didn't think so.
"Don't keep worrying about it...Get some rest...You haven't had proper sleep for a while,"
Mocha muttered to Siri as he stood behind them, keeping his distance.
"Ahaha...First Esterházy...Then Dark Enchantress...Now you?"
Siri chuckled, Mocha laughing too.
"Haha...But seriously...Get some rest,"
Mocha stated as he sat down on the sofa near the piano and started to look through a book, occasionally looking up to make sure Siri went to sleep.
Siri sighed before relenting, sliding into their bed and getting some sleep.
Mocha sat in silence for a while before getting up and walking off.
He wanted to go elsewhere. Maybe the library would be nice. He could read to his heart's content.
He preferred being awake anyways. Siri needed the sleep and they liked sleep.

Hence, Mocha left the room and went to the library.

Part of me couldn't help but wonder...How was Siri's trip at the Crème Republic..?

...

꧁꧂

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 ꧂𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝟸