Chapter 33. Bliss

Xander's P.O.V

Hi guys, thank you for your patience. I will try to update on time next time. Stay safe, guys, and until the twenty-second of July.

Things got hectic after my parent's vow renewal. I had to inspect my businesses and got home late every day. I hadn't seen Nathan in days. I was looking forward to our vacation. I didn't even know where we were heading. Nathan had arranged everything by himself. He had handed Jessica and Martin the required information to do their jobs. We had agreed to board the plane on Friday. My parents left on Thursday for the Maldives with Caleb and Dahlia. I wanted to discuss matters with Nathan before departing. He was free Thursday night, so I asked him to spend the night at my house with Krista.

I got excited when Nathan agreed. I went home early and told the chefs to prepare Nathan's favorite meals. Elijah couldn't wait to see Krista. He waited by the door for the girl. I joined him after a while. I smiled when Martin notified me that Nathan and Krista had arrived. I was planning to hug Nathan as soon as I saw him. I sighed when Nathan walked into the house with two large suitcases. I grabbed the suitcases, then put them aside. Nathan gasped when I pulled him into my arms and kissed him passionately.

Krista groaned, then yelled, "Don't stand in the doorway, guys! My bag is heavy. I'm about to fall." Nathan grabbed Krista's bag and said, "I told you I would return to get the bag, then why did you take it, Krista?" Krista rubbed her arms and said, "Because you are tired too. I couldn't just sit back and watch you suffer." I sighed, then asked the siblings, "Why didn't you two ask one of the guards to assist you? I don't pay them to idle around." Nathan ran his fingers through his hair and said, "I don't have the right to give your staff orders, Xander. They have their duties to fulfill." I grabbed Nathan's hand and uttered, "We should change that soon."

Nathan gasped, then asked me, "What are you talking about, Xander? It's too early to get married." Krista didn't want to get involved in our business. She ran to Elijah. I chuckled and declared, "You rejected me instantaneously, Nathan." Nathan hugged me, then said, "You know I didn't mean it like that." I kissed Nathan's temple and uttered, "I know, babe. We should tie up loose ends before even thinking about getting hitched. I will tell the staff that you hold the same power as me in this household. They must honor your requests."

Nathan kissed my cheek, then stated, "Come. Let's go see what the kids are up to." The kids were in the living room. Krista was on a video call with Dahlia. Elijah kept peeking at the screen. It seemed like the little boy enjoyed the scenery. Elijah giggled when Dahlia said, "Look, Elijah. It's your grandma." My mother clapped her hands, then yelled, "Hi, baby boy." Elijah lost his mind. He began asking my mother questions about the huts and the sand.

I shook my head. My mother had already talked to Elijah in the afternoon. Nathan laughed, then stated, "He probably misses your parents." Dinner was ready. Krista bid her parents farewell and went to freshen up. Nathan fed Jax and Momo, then joined us in the dining room. He smiled when he saw the food. Nathan grabbed my hand and said, "Thank you, babe." I kissed Nathan's cheek, then uttered, "You are welcome, Nathan." We could hardly talk during dinner. Krista and Elijah were busy making plans for the trip. Nathan sighed, then declared, "That's enough. You two need to go to bed now. We will be leaving early in the morning. Everyone should be ready by seven a.m."

Elijah pouted, but he didn't dare to complain. Nathan took Krista to her room after dinner. I decided to bathe Elijah while he was busy. The boy was already asleep when Nathan stepped into my room. Nathan took off his shirt, then asked, "Want to take a shower together, Xander?" I grabbed Nathan's belt, then pulled him closer. I kissed Nathan passionately, then stated, "It's like you read my mind." Nathan kissed me back, then said, "I missed kissing you, Xander." I dragged Nathan to the bathroom, then uttered, "You can kiss me all you want, babe." We took off our clothes, then jumped into the shower. I kissed Nathan's back, then asked him, "Where are we going tomorrow, Nathan?"