Chapter 42. A love like no other.

Xander's P.O.V

Nathan thought it was best to get married as soon as possible. He took it upon himself to organize everything. I didn't protest when Nathan stated that he wanted to surprise me. We didn't hear anything from Damion again. Nathan had not only physically recovered but mentally as well. It was like a weight had lifted from his shoulders.

Our child's surrogate mother was doing well. We were expecting our daughter in June. My parents had hired someone to decorate the child's room. I was in a meeting when Nathan called me. He greeted me, then asked, "Are you free this afternoon, babe?" I checked my schedule, then replied, "Yes. Do you want to go somewhere with me?" I could hear Elijah in the back. It seemed like the boy was reading a picture book. Nathan shushed the child and said, "We haven't bought our wedding rings yet. It would be best to buy them now than later. I want everything to be ready before the wedding."

I smiled, then stated, "You are right, babe. I will pick you up in an hour. See you soon." I wrapped up the meeting, then went home. Elijah ran to me when I walked into the house. He grabbed my sleeve and said, "We have visitors, daddy." I took off my jacket, then went to greet our guests. I was surprised to see Carter and his wife. Carter grinned and stated, "I came to ask you guys if you needed help organizing the wedding. My aunt told me that Nathan wanted to do everything by himself. As his cousin, I want to do everything I can to ease his burdens."

I kissed Nathan's cheek, then replied, "It's up to Nathan, my friend. I don't even know about the venue, so take it up with him." Carter gazed at Nathan and said, "Don't tell me you want to surprise us too." Nathan laughed and replied, "I'm not stupid, Carter. I was already planning to ask for assistance. I will give you guys the details later. Xander and I have an appointment at a jewelry shop now. My parents and Krista will be arriving soon. Why don't you guys stay for dinner? They will be happy to see you." Carter and his wife had left their kids at home with their parents. They decided to depart after greeting Dahlia, Caleb, and Krista.

Elijah and Krista accompanied us to the jewelry shop. Elijah looked curiously at the shiny jewelry. The shop's manager led us through the process. We asked Krista to pick a ring for us. She chose two unique wedding bands and made some changes to them. The finished products looked amazing. We bought brooches to match the rings. We also bought gifts for the kids. We had dinner with the whole family when we returned home. Nathan went on a walk with the dogs while I caught up with work. I decided to shower before Nathan returned.

I was surprised to see Nathan on the balcony when I walked out of the bathroom. I hugged him from behind and asked, "Is something bothering you, babe?" Nathan leaned against my chest and said, "I promised my parents I would stay with them till I grew old. They didn't say anything, but I can see they are struggling to let me go." I kissed Nathan's shoulder and stated, "They can move in with us if they want. We have plenty of room for everyone. I can even build a house for them on the property to please them." Nathan turned to face me and replied, "What are you talking about, Xander? How can they leave behind what they have worked so hard for?"

I chuckled and declared, "I was kidding, Nathan. Your parents know you are in good hands. They will soon get used to living without you. And besides, it's not like you are moving to another country." Nathan nodded and uttered, "You are right. I will visit them regularly. They can stay over at our house too." I cupped Nathan's face and kissed him passionately. Nathan smiled and stated, "We are finally doing this, huh? Remember when I told you I would rather die than marry you? I should have known better. I'm glad to be with the only person I ever loved."

I gazed into Nathan's eyes, then declared, "We all make mistakes, darling. Who knows this better than me? What's important is that we are together and happy." Nathan kissed my cheek, then went to shower. I decided to wait for him on the bed. I fell asleep before I knew it. Nathan joked about it in the morning. It was soon the day of our wedding. Nathan had left the house early in the morning. He had asked my parents to guide me to the venue. I frowned when we left the city. My mother grabbed my hand and said, "Be patient, son." I uttered, "No way," when I recognized the neighborhood.

My father blindfolded me when we arrived. He grabbed my hand and stated, "Follow my instructions carefully. We don't want you to get hurt before your wedding." I couldn't tell my father I could find the deck with my eyes closed. I carefully followed my parents to the backyard of the house. Nathan laughed when my father uttered, "I'm here to deliver your precious cargo, son." Nathan thanked my parents, then said, "You can get rid of the blindfold now, father." My mother patted my back and declared, "Enjoy your wedding, Xander.'' I slowly opened my eyes. I gasped when I saw the deck and the pond.

Nathan had placed small boats with colorful flowers in the pond. The beautiful lamps made the property look mystical. Tears started rolling down my cheeks when I saw Elijah and Krista. They were standing like bodyguards next to the gorgeous Nathan. Nathan cupped my face and kissed me intensely. He wiped my tears away, then asked, "Are you okay, darling?" I nodded and replied, "Yes, sweetheart. I'm great. It's like I'm dreaming. Thank you for showing me how much this place matters to you." I got startled when Dahlia squealed. She pulled Nathan into her arms and asked, "Is this why you asked us to come in late, Nathan?" Nathan nodded, then replied, "Yes, mom. I wanted to give you what your heart desired." Dahlia kissed Nathan's cheek, then said, "Thank you for fulfilling my wish, son." She then went to admire the decorations.

Elijah grabbed my hand and stated, "Come, daddy. I'll show you your room." Krista and Elijah led me upstairs. They stayed with me till I got ready for the ceremony. I couldn't wait to see Nathan in his wedding tuxedo. All the guests had already arrived. I ignored them and made my way to the patio. Carter and the gang cheered when Nathan turned to face me. I pulled Nathan into my arms and kissed him passionately. Everyone laughed when one of the guys remarked, "Control yourself, Xander! It's like you are trying to swallow him whole." I smirked and declared, "I can't help myself, boys. Nathan is just delicious." The men lost their minds. They calmed down when my father appeared.

Nathan got emotional after hearing my wedding vows. Carter rubbed his back to support him. Nathan kissed my hand when it was time to exchange rings. I kissed him passionately after promising to spend the rest of my life with him. Nathan proudly displayed our wedding rings. We greeted our guests, then had lunch with the family.

We ensured that everyone was comfortable. We were glad when our guests stated how much they had enjoyed the party. We danced with the guests, then sat on the deck. I kissed Nathan's forehead and pulled him closer. Nathan chuckled when I uttered, "Hi, Mr. Oswald." He pinched my cheek and declared, "I thought we were keeping our last names." I smirked and replied, "Yes, but let me bask in my glory for a moment." I shivered with pleasure when Nathan whispered, "You can call me Mr. Oswald while we are having hot and steamy sex all you want, babe."

I threw my arm around Nathan and kissed his neck. I smiled when Nathan started singing, "Remember when I told you no matter where I go. I'll never leave your side. You will never be alone. Even when we go through changes. Even when we are old. Remember I told you. I will find my way back home." I laced my fingers through Nathan's, then asked him, "What's the name of the song you're singing, babe?" Nathan rubbed his face against my shoulder and replied, "I don't know, darling. Krista has been singing it since yesterday. It got stuck in my head."

Nathan got startled when Krista yelled, "Yes! I found the remix!" Krista and Elijah dragged us to the dancefloor when the song Nathan had been singing before started blasting through the speakers. It was like we were in a club suddenly. Everyone began moving to the beat. We danced till late in the night. The kids didn't feel like sleeping, so we let them enjoy the party. We soon adjusted to the new life. And after seven months, our daughter Giana was born.

The song I used in this installment is "Way back home." It's by Shaun and Conor Maynor. Enjoy the next chapter.