pretty girl (wandanat)

prompt: wanda does natasha's makeup after a stressful day at the compound.

warnings: none, just a ton of fluff

. . . . .

"Look, I'm just saying: Aladdin is the best Disney musical, period."

"How the hell are you saying this right now, when Princess and The Frog exists?!"

As Bruce and Tony debated the best animated musical movies, Clint simply listened in with a smile on his face as he sipped a stolen juice box out of Peter's stash. He tapped his legs rhythmically against the table as the argument grew louder and more heated with time.

The door to the lab opened and Wanda strolled in happily, followed by Scott, holding a built Lego set.

"Guess who finished the model!" He smiled heartily, placing it on the table carefully. Scott took a seat next to Clint, while Wanda hoisted herself up onto the counter and pried another one of Peter's stolen Hi-C's from Clint.

"Scott, Wanda, settle a bet between us." Tony sighed, gesturing to himself and Bruce. "What is the best Disney musical, of all time?"

"I have only watched Tangled, so I'll go with that." Wanda shrugged.

"What? You've never seen Frozen? That is the best one, of all time." Scott scoffed, to which Bruce and Tony let out disappointed groans.

"Frozen?! Oh God, you have got to be kidding me!"

The three Avengers delved into another debate, and Wanda simply on-looked before turning to an amused Clint.

"Have you seen Nat anywhere?" She whispered, barely audible over the argument.

"She's up in her room. Hasn't been out since she got back a couple hours ago, in fact. Maybe you should go check on her." Clint replied. He never took his eyes off the fight in front of them.

Wanda simply nodded and slipped out of the room unnoticed. She headed up the elevator to Natasha's bedroom, and she knocked a couple times before receiving an invitation to come inside. When she did, Wanda saw Natasha sitting cross-legged leaned against the headboard, staring out of her full-length window at the rain.

"Hi." The witch smiled softly, stepping inside.

Natasha looked away from the glass at the sound of Wanda's voice, returning the smile as best as she could. "Hey, Wanda."

"Are you alright? Clint says you've been up here since you got back." She asked, cautiously taking a seat at the foot of her bed.

"I'm fine... just a crappy day at work, dealing with dumbasses left, right and centre, I swear." Natasha mumbled, rubbing her temples.

"I'm sorry." Wanda sighed. She reached out and interlaced their fingers together; a thing they both did when the other was feeling overwhelmed in a crowd of people, as a calming motion. "What can I do?"

"Nothing, really."

"I could play with your hair, or do your eyeliner? You love it when I do that." Wanda grinned, and Natasha couldn't help the smile that grew on her face also.

"I do love it, yeah."

Wanda quickly got up to grab the liquid liner off Natasha's chest of drawers and she gestured for her to move up the bed. When she had her head resting back on the pillows, Wanda climbed into her lap and pressed a kiss to her nose with a chuckle, opening the cap.

The atmosphere in the room had changed from dreary into a sense of calm. The only sound that could be heard was the soft, hushed breathing of the two Avengers and the flicking of the eyeliner nib across Natasha's eye.

She found herself staring up at Wanda. The witch had a look of poise and determination on her face; brows slightly creased with focus and her lips pouted absentmindedly as she dragged the pen across her skin.

"You're so beautiful, love. I could look at you all day." Natasha whispered softly.

Wanda looked into her eyes with an elated expression, lips upturned in a shy grin. She finished the final flick of liner and put the cap back on the pen, setting it down on Natasha's nightstand.

She brought one hand up to Natasha's face and cupped her cheek gently, leaning down and kissing her.

Just like their first kiss, Wanda felt her heart skip a beat and a shiver run down her back the moment Natasha pressed her lips to hers. When they pulled back, Natasha stared up at her lover with pure appreciation in her smile.

"You know, I really want you to stroke my hair now."

The room was filled with the sound of their laughter, and Wanda pulled her back in for another emotional kiss.