her hoodie (blackhill)

prompt: maria accidentally sleeps over and has to face the team dressed only in the black widow's hoodie...

warnings: none

lets ignore that i've decided to start writing with correct grammar now...

• • • • • • •

"Tasha, this is all your fault!" Maria groaned into her hands.

"You're the one who fell asleep on me! I wouldn't dare to wake you up in that adorable state." Natasha laughed from under the covers.

Maria was standing in front of Natasha's large, glass windows that overlooked New York City. She was pacing the room, wearing only her underwear and a thin vest.

"I can't go out like this, they'll figure us out within seconds." She sighed.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Natasha suggested, smiling up at her girlfriend.

"What? You mean... you're ready to tell everybody?" Maria says and she can't hide her smile as she climbs into bed next to Natasha.

"I think so, yeah. I mean it's pretty clear they're supportive of it, Tony threw a pride party for Sam and Bucky when he found out about them. And another party for Wanda and Agatha, as well." They both laughed at the memory of an old super soldier, an alien god, an expert archer and everybody else dancing on a rainbow-painted floor.

"Okay, I'll go out like this. But you have to come out with me too, I'm not walking into the kitchen in my underwear as a bunch of men stare at me." Maria negotiated and her girlfriend nodded, changing into some sleep shorts and a band tee while she pulled on one of Natasha's hoodies.

They walked down the hall to the communal kitchen, barely hiding their smiles when the room fell silent at their presence.

Everybody's mouths had fallen open, watching as Maria Hill, Commander at SHIELD, and Natasha Romanoff, the Black Widow, walked into the kitchen together in pyjamas and with messy hair.

"Morning everybody." Natasha yawned, switching the coffee pot on.

"Sleep over, Hill?" Tony snickered.

"Yeah, I sure did Stark." She retorted and took a steaming mug of coffee from Natasha.

"I've gotta quickly head out for some groceries, you need anything?" Natasha asked, directing the question at Maria only.

Nobody knew yet, of course, that Maria practically lived with Natasha by now. They had a little storage space under the bed for personal snacks so nobody would steal them, even though they would steal each other's.

"I'm good." Maria said and leaned against the counter, while Natasha slipped on some shoes and zipped up her hoodie.

"See you soon." She smiled and leaned up.

Everybody in the room watched in shock as The Black Widow gently kissed Commander Hill's lips with a smile. She walked out and Maria sat down at the counter, drinking from her mug.

"You?"

"And Natasha?"

"Our Natasha?"

"You, the emotionless Commander of SHIELD?"

A bunch of voices asked, bombarding Maria. She squinted at the sudden noise and sighed into her ceramic, putting it down and texting Natasha as she ignored their voices.

Maria: Don't leave just yet, I'm coming with.