alternate love (peggynat)

prompt: age of ultron rewritten with captain carter and her (very canon) crush on natasha romanoff. enjoy loves <3

warnings: mentions of mind manipulation, angsty nat and peggy, alluded-to sexy times 😏

. . . . .

When the quinjet landed in the field of a random family ranch, Peggy had no idea what to expect. She definitely hadn't been expecting to find the family of Hawkeye, including his wife and two (and a half) children, living there.

They, meaning herself, Tony, Thor, Natasha, Clint and Bruce, all walked in as if they owned the place.

"Honey? I'm home." Clint called out into the house.

A brunette woman walked up to them with a surprised expression on her face. She approached Clint and embraced him in a hug, leaving everyone aside from Natasha questioning who the hell this woman was to him. They'd all assumed he had a girlfriend somewhere in the city, as they'd teased him about it at the party that'd gone haywire.

"Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead." He apologised to her.

Tony looked around the room suspiciously, and Peggy found herself doing the same. Thor just seemed interested in the colourful wallpaper.

The woman and Clint shared a kiss, to which Tony had a snarky retort.

"This is an agent of some kind."

"Gentlemen... and lady, this is Laura." Clint introduced, an arm swung around her waist casually.

"I know all of your names." Laura chuckled, waving with a smile.

Tony waved back, and the rest of them were standing a little dumbfounded still. Then, the sounds of running footsteps started growing louder.

"Oh, incoming." Clint grinned.

A little girl and pre-teen boy ran in the room, even bigger smiles on their faces. They all wrapped up in a hug, heightening the other Avenger's confusion to the max.

"How are you guys doing?" He asked excitedly, and Thor and Peggy exchanged a look between each other.

"These are smaller agents." Tony mumbled, staring down at the children.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The girl asked with a big smile, and Peggy's head whipped around to Natasha. Who the hell were these kids?!

Natasha leaned down for a hug, despite her injuries. "Why don't you hug her and find out?"

While the girl hiked herself up on Natasha's hip, Peggy decided to confirm her suspicions that this was in fact Clint Barton's family.

"Sorry for barging in on you." She apologised to Laura.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed."

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it of SHIELD's files. I'd like to keep it that way." Clint explained, looking around at everybody.

"I figure it's a good place to lay low."

"Honey..."