the press are assholes (blackhill)

prompt: Maria and Natasha holding hands because there's a crowd but not letting go when they get out of it...

warnings: none, it's more maria and natasha being lesbians with crushes on each other :D

words: 700

.   .   .

"I'm heading out. Do you guys need anything from the store?" Natasha asked the group, standing up from the couch and zipping her hoodie up.

"Do they happen to sell any Asgardian liquor on Earth, Lady Natasha? I seem to have run out and Asgard is a far journey from here." Thor asked with an adorable smile.

"Uh, not that I know of. But if I see any I'll be sure to get you some." Natasha responded with a smile back.

"I'll come with you." Maria chimed in from the sofa. Wanda, Agatha, Sam, Bucky and Carol were all watching a movie and they all turned to look at her.

"What?" Bucky asked in a shocked tone.

"I'm... going with Natasha... to the store?" Maria repeated, confused as she grabbed her own jacket.

"Bucky! Shut up." Sam hit his boyfriend's shoulder lightly as Wanda and Carol stared him down.

"You guys go, have fun!" Carol ushered her away with a frantic smile. When Maria, suspicious of all four of them, and Natasha finally left the apartment, Wanda hit Bucky as well.

"Dingus! Maria doesn't know about Natasha's crush, they're not even dating yet!" She whisper-yelled.

"Ow! I'm sorry, you guys didn't explain that very well!" He defended and pouted, leaning more into Sam.

Outside, Natasha and Maria had finally made it to the bottom floor and already the press were crowded around the guarded doors. Natasha audibly sighed and Maria nodded in agreement. The two men stationed at the front doors opened them for both women. As soon as the threshold was broken, silence erupted into a chaos of shouting voices and cameras flashing.

"Natasha, Natasha! Who are you dating currently?"

"Natasha, over here! Do you have a secret boyfriend?" 

"Natasha, is it true you and Hawkeye are dating?"

"Natasha, Natasha! Is Captain America your boyfriend?"

Maria rolled her eyes under the sunglasses as she and Nat made their way through the sea of people. Unexpectedly, Natasha turned to Maria and reached out to grab her hand. Maria went to question her actions but decided against it, instead reciprocating it and interlocking their fingers. 

Natasha, without hurting her, dragged Maria out of the crowd of paparazzi by the hand. They managed to run far enough to lose them and stopped in an alleyway. Natasha peaked around the corner as she and Maria caught their breath from the running.

She smiled to herself when she found nobody chasing after them.

"They're gone." Natasha sighed.

She turned to face Maria when she realised their hands were still clasped together. Maria looked down and pulled away quickly.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"No! It's fine... I don't mind actually." Natasha responded a little too quickly. Maria laughed and leaned against the wall to calm her racing heart rate.

"You saying you want to hold my hand, Romanoff?" Maria stood upright and looked her straight in the eyes.

Natasha stayed silent, even though her mouth threatened to agree. Instead, to her surprise, Natasha quickly cupped her face and pulled her down into a kiss. She froze for a split second before realising what was happening and held Natasha's waist gently.

They stood in the alleyway for a few minutes, slowly kissing as Natasha played with Maria's brunette hair as Maria caressed her hips gently.

It was broken, however, by the dreaded click of a camera going off. Natasha jumped back in fear of the press but immediately calmed down.

Next to them was Carol, Wanda, Sam and Bucky as Carol held her phone up to snap a picture. They all smirked at them both as Maria mumbled a quiet 'shit'.

"I knew it would happen sooner or later!" Bucky exclaimed excitedly.

"Are you kidding me? This shoulda happened weeks ago, you guys have been pining over each other for too long!" Wanda exclaimed as well.

"Должны ли мы отказаться от них?" (Should we ditch them?) Maria asked, ignoring the confused faces of those who didn't speak Russian (so everyone except Nat).

"Определенно." (Definitely.) Natasha grinned back as they interlocked their hands once again and walked off, leaving their friends to debate who won the bet in the alleway.