Skeptic [S1]

A boy with short black hair is checking himself out in the mirror, taking note of his state as he peers his head from side to side. He seemed to be looking for something specific as he peered at his skin but was finding nothing as his perfect skin gleamed. Samuel Flintspire raised an eyebrow at his appearance, lips quirking slightly.

He ran a hand over his bare chest as he looked in the mirror, half-naked.

"This body is rather interesting" He mused out loud. He had made sure that "his" roommate was out of the room before checking out his appearance. He had to maintain cover after all.

A cough wormed out of Samuel's mouth, purple smoke escaping quickly. Samuel grimaced and swatted the gas away, sucking in his teeth at the sight. His black eyes narrowed, "Well that isn't good...it seems my powers have been making quite the scene lately. I wonder why."

A loud bell singled that it was time to start transitioning to the morning classes of the day, and that also cued Samuel that it was time to begin. Samuel gave one last smirk in the mirror before closing his eyes.

Purple smoke flowed out of his mouth even more now, disappearing into the air. For a moment a standing, silent Samuel flinched and twitched before snapping his eyes open with alertness. He looked around blindly, struggling to remember how he had gotten into this position.

Scared, black eyes looked in the mirror this time around but there was key difference that was almost hidden in plain sight this time around.

A lack of a purple hue around his iris.

"What's happening to me..." He whispered sorrowfully.

0-0-0-0-0

Maxwell has been keeping an eye on Samuel for a while now, noticing the adjustments of behaviors. The once quiet, almost shy boy would have random moments of the complete opposite. Some days it was as if Maxwell was looking at a completely different person, especially when Samuel was around Alastair Raignar, the Crown Prince of Asken.

Normally, Maxwell would've just passed it off as someone sucking up to royalty to get on Alastair's good graces but that would be pointless since Samuel grew up with Alastair, just as Alexander Worchestor.

Speaking of the tealed hair prodigy, he was sitting in the corner of the table with his arms crossed as he peered around the classroom almost boredly. The elegant, pretty boy always had a calm and indifferent attitude ever since Maxwell's known him from school. He didn't even know if they were friends really, the boy doesn't really speak much.

All Maxwell knew was that Alexander was close with Alastair somehow which meant that odds are. he was eyeing Samuel's weird moments of behavior even more closely than Maxwell was. Alex was known for his observational skills on the field after all.

Regardless, this change was one of the many things that Maxwell has been keeping track of since their first sophomore semester started.

Startling Maxwell from his thoughts, a rogue arm came to wrap itself around his shoulders, tugging his body into theirs. Had it been a couple months earlier, Maxwell would've narrowed his eyes and pushed the arm away, ready to defend himself from something unexpected. But now like stated before, things have started to change.

Maxwell didn't even blink as he was tugged,

"Blaine."

His twin brother grinned, looking down at him and he smirked, "Yo."

Maxwell had to stop his heart from swelling and fight the small smile that threatened to take over his face. They used to be close once, when they were younger. Then their father started to get angry, which led to..consequences and it tore everything apart. Blaine turned into an absolute menace, aggressively picking fights with anybody, including Maxwell.